52 down, 50 to go. buddy, anyone? [Daily Check in!]

You're on Page 3 of 9
Go to
  • Quote: Iconised, really...100-200 calories is nothing. That's an excess that could be taken care of over the course of a week by minimally upping your exercise each day. That probably won't do an damage to your weekly weigh-in progress. Sometime (occasionally) straying from my plan seems to accelerate my loss (cycling and all that, on a small scale). Sounds like you're in great shape.

I feel like I'm back on track this week and in control. Got my head together after some frustrating school stuff and managed to get in a 30-day shred workout each day. Definitely not looking forward to the WW weigh-in tonight (curse the IHOP pancake that started the whole thing, the pancake wasn't even that good, lol) but hopefully the damage won't be too bad.
    I know, its just such a slippery slope. I thought i was stronger than a cup of icing

At WW do they weigh you in front of everyone? I have this horrendous picture of that happening, which probably isnt right
  • Yeah, I understand completely...

So in the freestanding WW Center that i've been to, you stand on a scale at the front desk, in front of which there's a scale with no screen. Your weight is visible only to the receptionist person who views it on her computer screen, and she prints out a little sticker with your weight/progress-to-date on it and sticks it on your member card (or whatever it's called -- not too up on my lingo ww ), and doesn't announce anything.

Tonight I'm going to one in a church (?) however, so I'm not sure how it'll work there.
  • Hey guys, just checking in. Sounds like everyone is doing relatively well

I didn't eat much today because I've managed to come down with a horrible sinus infection. I ate some low-fat organic yogurt this morning for breakfast and choked down not even half a protein shake this afternoon. I had some soup for dinner and that's about it.

Yuck. I hate summer time ickies. *sigh*
  • feral - i hope you feel better. summer colds are the worst.

gtech - good job on exercising and trying to make up for the slip. its all about daily choices.

ghost - just drink some extra water and you'll pee that right out lol. dont worry about it. its a new day.

i work for a politcal campaign and the congressman is in town so needless to say everyone is going crazy around the office. the girl i work with is a total witch when she is stressed and i want to slap her but i love my job far too much. i have managed to stay OP even though i might not eat till later than usual. i am on the congressman's schedule when he is around. so i'm proud of that NSV for the week. but...icant wait till this week is over.

i didnt work out today due to the crappy rain this morning and i just got out of class and needed to eat dinner. if i work out now i will never go to sleep.

have a good day tomorrow everyone!

i weigh in tomorrow morning!!! wish me luck!

joy, 2fat4me2be and swae whats going on ladies??
  • Quote:
    ghost - just drink some extra water and you'll pee that right out lol. dont worry about it. its a new day.
    i dont know why, but that made me laugh out loud for real
  • hi all! sorry i havent been around, my parents are up visiting atm so being kept very busy by them and our new puppy that they brought with them! will hop on later tonight and post up something more worthwhile lol
  • cute! post pictures of your puppy?
  • hi guys! i've been deathly busy because this week is my church's vacation bible school and i am one of the teachers.. its horrendously fun but its really been time consuming! i'm sort of frustrated because even though i'm staying on plan, my weight has been the same! it's SO ANNOYING! i dont know whats going on. le sigh.

keep it up, guys!
  • Jay, I'm sure you've read this elsewhere, but maybe try cycling your calories or exercise a bit? Usually works for me.

I'm still doing 30-day shred and after 2 tries I can do the whole workout without stopping. Yay.

I think I'm doing well diet- and exercise-wise but I can't weigh in (Monthly Weight Watchers pass not accepted in my hometown which I'm visiting for 2.5 weeks) without paying 13 dollars which I'm not about to do. We also don't have a scale at home after my parents' broke so I don't know where my weight is.

ah, you're right bjeweled, no penalty for missed meetings. thanks!
  • gtech - if you pay monthly you dont have to pay for missed weigh ins. only if you pay weekly. just keep up the good work so when you do finally weigh u will be blown away by the loss!!!

ghost - you probably read it like i would have said it lol.

soooo, i didnt weigh myself last week be4 i started this journey and i weighed in today and was up! so that means one of two things because i KNNNNOOOOW i lost weight this week. either its due to TOM which is coming in the next few days or... i gained like 10 pounds in july. ugh! either way i'm okay i know i've been working hard and will continue to do so.

i moved my ticker so it would reflect the gain just because it will remind me how bad i want to move that ticker to the right from now on!!!

jay - keep at it sometimes yr body just holds for a while. vacation bible school is fun but def time consuming. we'll be here girl!

swae - have fun with yr parents!
  • Hey girls! Hope everyone is having a great day!

I'm still sick so it was yogurt this morning and soup for lunch. We're supposed to be having chinese for dinner *groan*, but I did see they have their "special healthy" section on the menu. I've ordered it before, it's basically just cooked veggies and chicken with no sauce on it. So I guess it's that for me and no rice.

On a plus side for this week TOM is here and since I don't have much of an appetite from being sick I'm not trying to eat the whole house. I guess there is a silver lining in everything?
  • morning everyone! sorry i didn't get around to posting last night, i got held up at work.

ghost: will post pics of puppy once i d/l them from my camera she's so cute!! i also have a pug who thinks he is the best guard dog in the world

feral: do you like soy sauce? soy/fish sauce are both worth 0 points on WW and are great for flavouring chicken. i am addicted to them! also, do you like chilli? i mean the actual vegetable chilli not the chilli you guys cook up over there (am i making sense??)

gtech: i agree with ghost totally. think about how awesome that loss is going to look when you are able to weigh in! keep working at it (it sounds like you are doing a great job!)

we had a morning tea for a girl at work today as it is her birthday. there were sausage rolls and spinach and fetta pasties and cupcakes. i feel so terrible but i've promised myself i will hop on my new exercise bike tonight/tomorrow morning and try to make up for it! i can't really afford a good quality bike atm so i bought an upright one from KMart (department store over here) for about AUD$180 on special. it has programs and it has a rechargable battery so i'm not stuck next to the powerpoint, i can actually wheel it out in front of the tv and ride it.

i weighed in at WW yesterday and after eating a few dodgy meals this week i still managed to lose 1.1kg (2.4 pounds). i think it was chasing after the puppy. i've decided my new mini goal is to get to my 10% loss weight of 86.4kg (190.5 pounds) by the end of august. i suppose that cupcake i just ate wont help!
  • swae, thanks! And btw, not to trigger anyone, but spinach and feta pastries sound worth a little splurge (unlike that 1,000-calorie pancake meal i impulsively downed at IHOP last week, blech). I have been craving a spinach pie, a speciality of the lebanese bakery near my parents' house, like mad for the entire week and a half I've been home.
  • yay swae, i look forward to them

spinich pie sounds so good right now
  • This morning down 0.5 lb from yesterday after battling TOM this week...not sure if the scale is calibrated with my WW center scale back at school, so I'm not sure what this means in "absolute" terms, but I'll gladly to see decrease.

Have managed to resist the spinach pies so far too (although it's probably more about being carless than having willpower)

and, edited, down another 1.2 lb from the day before today, thank goodness.