52 down, 50 to go. buddy, anyone? [Daily Check in!]

You're on Page 2 of 9
Go to
  • i know i know im just a grazer though, so i usually graze on my lunch until it actually is lunch time and then i finish it off. But i guess yesterday i was just too busy and never got round to finishing it off! Ah well, i will do better today ^_^ gonna do some cycling

i really shouldnt weigh myself midweek, its so depressing >
  • i need to do better in social situations

i was up late and had a small slice of pizza and 3 chicken wings. it wasnt a lot and i worked out a lot so i'll prob be fine but i have to resist temptation.
    i will try to bring stuff to put in my bag to eat when i know these situations are arising.

i am working out tonight and started off today back on track so no biggie just gotta keep on pushing.

hope you all are having a lovely friday! have a good OP weekend! i will try to check in but weekends get hectic.

joy - we miss you girl!
  • hi guys! its been a crazy couple days because i had some social events that included eating, but instead of just being in denial of the fact that i would probably eat off plan for them, i tried to plan around them so i wouldnt feel guilty about eating, and i think it went well. my weekends are usually the worst because im out and about and usually go up at that point.. oh maaan im worried.

2fat4me2be--- hi! glad to have you!
  • bjeweled: my WW leader said it is okay to eat what you want because if you deny yourself, you will end up binging and feeling terribly guilty and probably giving up on your exercise and healthy eating all together. you just have to be aware of portion sizes (which it seems you are doing well at) and make sure you count it (if you are doing WW). also she suggests maybe going for a walk/doing a session at the gym either the morning of the event or the day after, just something to balance yourself out a bit. but definitely don't feel guilty about what you ate, it sounds like you did a fantastic job of minding your portions and still enjoying yourself!

i actually had pizza tonight for dinner but i tried to make a healthier choice and go for a thin based vegetarian pizza with only half the cheese. then i had a small piece of turkish delight for a treat...best dinner ever!

i've found myself pretty inspired by the people on this board (and especially in this thread) lately. You are all so wonderful and amazing for picking a goal and sticking to it, whether it be losing weight or eating healthier/exercising more or both. You are all my inspiration and you keep me going!
  • Getting the 30-day shred DVD today to start that up because I feel like it'll give me an incentive to stick to my diet while I'm home and on break for the next two weeks. The eating so far this week after a big loss on Wednesday weigh-in has been blah.
  • hey guys!

i went to a workout bootcamp thursday and friday and i feel great! this trainer out here does workouts for free and she def pushes you to your limits. its all done outside in a park so the heat helps with the calorie burn too lol.

ive been OP and eating well so far...

thanks swae for that. i know its ok to treat myself i just have been trying to go at least a week OP before i eat something thats not on my list of foods. but yr right not giving yrself a break will make u more likely to binge.

joy - good job on planning around social events. if u fail to plan u plan to fail is soooo true. you can make it through this weekend too girl

gtech - 30 day shred is hardcore lol! it is the best 12.99 i have ever spent!

i'm off to eat my dinner!
  • im down 600g this week yay i can move my ticker!
  • STill working on getting my eating under control this week. Not sure why, but losing nearly 3 lbs last week something triggered an INSANE fast food binge (like 5 consecutive crappy meals, jeez!) that's sort of tapered off into a no-counting-but-eating-normal-foods-binge. I'm just hoping I haven't gained all of it back for my next weigh-in, man.

You're right, bejeweled, Thirty-Day Shred is excellent. I was drenched in sweat after 8 minutes on my first attempt last night. I find my utter lack of upper body strength so frustrating though -- like I can barely do girly pushups, and I've been doing a non-negligible amount of weight training for the past month or so. Hopefully I see noticeable gains in strength by the end of the month.
  • urrrrggg... so yesterday i made an effort to eat on plan despite temptations to not, and yet i find today that i am up! how is that possible? it might be because i am drinking a lot of water... but still! ugh!
  • Ghost - GREAT JOB!!!! i cant wait to move my ticker!

joy and gtech - its okay you guys there are always good days and bad days. just make today a really good day. the scale will go down!

ive been eating well all through the weekend and i worked out everyday since wednesday i think. my normal rest day is sunday so nothing yesterday. i cooked for a few days so that should help me stay OP. i have a huge fundraiser for work today and i will make sure i am full so i wont eat anything that isnt on my foods list.
    i weigh in on thursday. im not on any specific plan really. a little lean for life mixed with the abs diet. but i weigh in right be4 the weekend to give me that push to stay OP.

have a happy monday!!
  • thank you bjeweled ^_^ thats probably a really smart idea about weighing yourself before the weekend, rather than after
  • Hey guys! I'm about a week behind but I'm down if you'll have me..

I've been so bad since the beginning of the summer. My work schedule changed and I haven't been working out (which I have no excuse for since i have a treadmill AND an elliptical at my house). Plus, I jumped on the scale yesterday and wanted to cry. I noticed my clothes had been gettin' a littttttle snug, but I had NO idea I had gained almost 12 lbs over the course of the summer. YUCK!!!

Back on PLAN! Definitely going for losing 50.

CONGRATS on all of your hard work!!! I can't believe you're 52 down JAY!!!!!!!!
  • welcome feral!

summer is hard so many functions and so much different food to eat. im from kansas city so summer is hard for me because i was raised a bbq girl.

so i did okay at the fundraiser i had two tiny lemon bars that were literally tiny and a couple of cookies. but ive been riding the bus to work so i am sure i walked it off in the 15 blocks i walked today in 100 degree heat

my weigh in is in 2 days. i think i have lost some pounds but not sure how many. we will see. i wanna get on the scale so bad!!!

well i am going to do my 30 day shred now! have a lovely evening tonight. and a good day OP tomorrow!
  • welcome feral!

man i feel pretty...i dunno, not disgusted in myself because i try not to berate myself that badly, but sort of regretful i suppose. I came home after uni and a good day eating wise, and then ate about 2 table spoons of butter icing, a few mini ginger nuts, some cheese, and some rice crakers. The icing was left over from making a friend's birthday cake on the weekend, and the remainder of it is now in the bin. But still, i wish i hadnt eatten all of that. I went over my calories by about 100-200, and i feel so full and huge
  • Iconised, really...100-200 calories is nothing. That's an excess that could be taken care of over the course of a week by minimally upping your exercise each day. That probably won't do an damage to your weekly weigh-in progress. Sometime (occasionally) straying from my plan seems to accelerate my loss (cycling and all that, on a small scale). Sounds like you're in great shape.

I feel like I'm back on track this week and in control. Got my head together after some frustrating school stuff and managed to get in a 30-day shred workout each day. Definitely not looking forward to the WW weigh-in tonight (curse the IHOP pancake that started the whole thing, the pancake wasn't even that good, lol) but hopefully the damage won't be too bad.