At-Home Exercises

• Hi ladies! I want to try to expand my exercising, but don't really know any good at-home exercises. I have three toddlers and the gyms in my area either don't have childcare or charge extra for it. So, I'm just going to do it myself, at home.

Do y'all have any ideas for things I could use/do around the house? The exercise video I've been doing at naptime isn't helping me lose anymore, so I need to change up my routine, but want to try something other than another video. Ideas??
  • Have you tried buying some equipment for at home? Like a treadmill or elliptical? How about a jump rope? You could jump rope for 3 min, do jumping jacks for 3 min, march in place for 3 min and repeat until you reach a half hour.
  • I have 3 kids myself and it's too expensive to go to the gym and pay for the childcare there, blah to how that's set up lol I belonged to a gym when we lived in FL and it was a competitive rate that included childcare. I loved it there!

Anyways........
    I have an elliptical, swimming pool, free weights, exercise bike and stair stepper at home. The mini stair stepper is affordable and easy to hide from the kids.....the others I got from freecycle in my area...except the pool

My husband also has a bowflex but I really don't like to fool with it much. I should but have no idea what I'd start with lol

Do you have an exercise tv channel like Fit TV? I do those programs sometimes. I also check out magazines like Shape, the WW mag, etc to check out different exercises I can try. If you have Netflix you can rent exercise dvds too...instead of going off of that one.

I get bored easy so I switch it up when I'm feeling myself not want to do it.
  • Resistance bands are great for bulding that calorie burning and metabolisim boosting muscle. Some people really like the rebounders(mini trampoulines). I've never tried one, but they do look like fun.
  • Hello and Welcome

When I started over again, I decided to start steppin on some phone books for an hour. It really gets my heart rate up and I sweat!! I also thought about filling waterbottles with sand for arm lifts.

Good luck to you!!
  • I subscribe to Self magazine - some of there stuff requires equipment I don't have, but every month, there are 6 exercise or stretch cards.

To keep things switched up, I stick them in a shoe box, shake 'em up, and pick out a few to try each week or every few days.

Its more strength training than cardio, but they also include a cardio plan each month. Every little thing helps