Egg Beaters

• It has occurred to me that I hate the taste. Any advice on how to deal with them?
  • why are you using egg beaters?
  • Well, in my old school SB book, he recommends using them, and since I have a cholesterol issue, it seemed to make sense since I'm eating eggs everyday in P1.
  • Quote: Well, in my old school SB book, he recommends using them, and since I have a cholesterol issue, it seemed to make sense since I'm eating eggs everyday in P1.

has YOUR doctor limited eggs?

because if not, i would suggest making 1 egg w/whites as your egg choice (it's what i do for weekends)

add salsa
    add veggies
    add cheese

add OLD bay... use garlic

spice it up.
  • I use egg beaters, and I think the taste is okay, but I always make them as a sandwhich.. I fry in a pan (with a little butter in the bottom) what is equivilant to 1 egg.. I think thats 1/4 of a cup.. while its in the pan cooking I add a slice of low fat cheese.. I tear it up and then mix it in.. Then I put it on whole weat toast.. & and If you like ranch dressing, put a tiny bit on the toast with the egg.. it makes them way better! Hope I helped!
  • Thanks, Carrie and Nessa!

My doc didn't limit, but always complains that I need to watch what I eat. My cholesterol is in normal range now, but he informs me it should be even lower. *sigh* I am using some organic egg beater stuff from Whole Foods...maybe it's the brand that tastes icky...?

I like the Old Bay suggestion. I love that stuff!
  • Hmm-you might want to try different brands, then... There's some subtle differences, particularly with how well some of them setup in the cooking process.

Also, you can always combine with a real egg to try to improve the taste, but still stay kinda healthy.
  • I cook the egg and add to it heated black beans and heated salsa. Sometimes I add cheese, too.
  • why not just mix a whole egg and egg whites? Our family doesn't have cholesterol issues, but we like the lighter taste..especially in omelettes. We usually use 2 eggs to 6 egg whites for 3 small omelettes.
  • and what is this I see? A man on the board?
  • I'm not the only one, even if we're drastically in the minority! (My ex said that men were welcome?)
  • You definitely are.....I've just never seen a man in this particular board.

Are you a SBD'er?
  • Quote: You definitely are.....I've just never seen a man in this particular board.

Are you a SBD'er?
    No, but I always click on the New Posts button, and I'm familiar with a lot of the egg substitutes out there, from Egg Beaters and its various varieties to Kirkland Egg Starts (Costco brand) to the Giant store brand to the Price Chopper brand. :P