Working Out - Taking the first step

• I need a little motivation here. I'm back at it, trying my hand at weight loss again. With the wedding, the time crunches, 2 weeks of vacation and a few wedding receptions things got out of hand. So, here I am with about 20 lbs. to lose.

My husband and I have been ON PLAN for two weeks now. We haven't fudged once. (Though, tomorrow is my birthday and there will be fudging, and with that fudge ice cream, brownies & butterfish - not all at the same time.)

Though avoiding eating out and saying no to the ice cream has been a challenge, we're doing it. What we're NOT doing is any kind of exercise. AT ALL. Neither one of us is motivated.

How do I take that first step?
  • Take that first step....(literally)...i always use the 10 mins. rule, i can stand anything for 10 mins..a 10 min. walk to the mailbox to mail a bill, anything you start doing will develop into a habit.
  • Just go for a walk, together, and work from there... I agree start with 10 minutes, every day... 10 minutes in a day of 1440 minutes isn't much when you think about it...

Also, take the stairs, park far from the shopping center, park far from your work, get off the bus a few corners before you should... It all counts...

Just DO IT!