Another noob here.

• Howdy all.

After an injury last year, I quickly gained back 40 or so of the 60 I had lost (slowly gained 15 of that prior to that.) So now I am going to work on getting back down - and further (Since I was not quite the most svelte of chicks then.)

I seem to be pretty successful with calorie counting, so that will most likely be what I start with this time.

Though I know I might receive glares for this, exercise is usually not the problem. Until I was injured last year, I was assistant coach for an endurance cycling group (100 miles in 1 day) and though still overweight, I was in good shape. Currently, I am training for the 3-day breast cancer walk. I think that I am, perhaps, not pushing enough in the cardio as even starting back walking for this event (walking 20-25 miles minimum per week - now more) might not be intense enough. I was seeing a trainer a couple of years ago, and even with that and lots of cycling, there was not much change... so I need to find the magic puzzle piece I am missing and get back to a smaller me. I have big goals for the next few years I will do whether or not I shrink, but they will be much easier if I was smaller.

Anyway.. after I finish healing this silly broken toe I have at the moment (which has halted the walk training for a couple weeks) I want to tackle more exercise options.

I hope to learn from all of you and remain inspired.

Peace.
  • Hope your toe heals quickly!
  • Welcome........I'm new here too!!

Hopefully your toe gets better soon!
  • thanks The toe is getting there.. patience, right?
  • Welcome to 3FC! This is a great support board.