a non-diet approach...

• That isn't to say I'm not doing yet another diet!! I just see this forum as a non-diet approach that will hopefully do something a diet has not yet done. I've tried many over the last 5 years.

I want to lose this weight once and for all!! It's getting pretty depressing. I have 30 pounds to lose. While to some this might not seem like much, to me...it feels like 300.

Even though I've gone through phases in the past where i thought i could lose a few pounds..the truth is I was always pretty small. Sigh.

It's soooo frustrating!!!
  • Welcome! Many posters here talk about a "woe" (way of eating) rather than a diet -- although woe is not a happy word, it's a lot more positive than the first three letters of "diet"!!

You might want to check out the Featherweights forum, for folks with relatively little to lose -- and don't worry, I think everyone understands that those last 10/20/30 pounds are really hard to get rid of!

take care,
  • and good luck!
  • Hi, I'm totally agree with you about dieting. I've been on so many. yeah they worked for awhile, then I would gain the weight back. the test for real insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results! this time I decided to do something different. I started eating healthy meals, smaller portions and exercising. Too simple? I've been at my goal weight for almost 8 months now ( will be 8 in Aug.)
  • Welcome!
  • Welcome to 3FC!
    Welcome to the Boards!

One of the great things at 3FC is the wide variety of approaches, people and experiences. As a newbie, I know it takes some time, but keep checking out the various forums...you will find one or more that will meet your needs. You will find a way to reach your goal!