personal experience with Bodybugg/Sensewear

You're on Page 12 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: ibeforej - the BB3 on Ali's arm in the 24 hour fitness ad is exactly the same as my SenseWear one, the only difference is the color and that the BB3 will do less than the SenseWear model. It is not any smaller.
    Awesome! Ali's arms are pretty small and all of the videos on SenseWear made the device look kind of big.

Hmmmm- maybe I'll be able to go ahead and get the SenseWear then if it's just a difference in color....
  • Quote:
    the new BodyBugg v3 would be black and it would not have the sleep module or some of the food tracking options that the SenseWear has. The size and shape are identical to my SenseWear, except my SenseWear is a light gray color.
    It would make sense that the BodyBugg v3 will not have sleep module since v2 currently does not have it while sensewear v2 does. As far as BodyBugg food tracking, it's all manual tracking (food diary) and so is sensewear v3.

I'll post photo's of the size difference between BodyBugg v2 and SenseWear v3 in a bit, to be honest, the only difference between these two is size (about 40% smaller) and Sensewear can track sleep. Thats it.

Software wise, BodyBugg's online system likes to sell you a lot of their supplemental food, which was a turn off for me, and kind of tacky (like going to eat at Cheese cake Factory and having to look at all the advertisement's on their menu!) and doesn't have sleep tracking for their v2 band's, I don't think they will change that for their v3 bands...

If you're worried about cost, buy a less expensive v2 in sacrifice for size, if you don't care and are a smaller person, buy a v3. I'm 5'3 and 140lbs, the v2 band was pretty bulky on me and was difficult to sleep in. v3 is a lot more comfortable.

And also, v3 is said to be water proof... I wore mine in the shower once and now it does a bad sounding red flashing beep when I plug it in. It did it for two days and tracked about 600-700 calories less and at times looked like it wasn't tracking calories at all (showing 1 instead of my regular 1.2-1.3 calories/min) for a few hours at a time. It also wasn't tracking any steps I made at all. It seems to have stopped now, so just a word of advice, even if it says water proof, don't wear it in the shower.

Lastly, I wear my armband religiously, no skin irritation here at all. My BF tried to wear the v2 armband and was itchy/irritated after two hours. Weird thing is, I can't stand wearing necklaces, bracelets, earrings etc because they irritate my skin and makes me feel trapped, but the armband doesn't have that effect on me at all.

Ok, think I should quit my post now :-) I'll post photos when my camera battery charges.
  • I just put in my order for the Sensewear- the CSR told me that the BBv3 wasn't due out until early 2009, so I decided it was time to take the plunge. If it comes out earlier, I'll just have to kick myself then.

Also, I'll have to go back and read the posts, but I think I got a good deal on mine- it was only $354 (includes unit, digital display, and 6 months website access). With shipping and tax it was $394 (I live in PA, so I got charged 6% tax). I'll update you guys with the breakdown once I get my e-mail receipt- I'm just going by what I remember during the phone call. She said that it was $454 within the past few days and they had just dropped the price.

The rep also confirmed that the monthly website access pricing would be going down to around $120 a year any day now to compete with the Body Bugg pricing.
  • Quote: I just put in my order for the Sensewear- the CSR told me that the BBv3 wasn't due out until early 2009, so I decided it was time to take the plunge. If it comes out earlier, I'll just have to kick myself then.

Also, I'll have to go back and read the posts, but I think I got a good deal on mine- it was only $354 (includes unit, digital display, and 6 months website access). With shipping and tax it was $394 (I live in PA, so I got charged 6% tax). I'll update you guys with the breakdown once I get my e-mail receipt- I'm just going by what I remember during the phone call. She said that it was $454 within the past few days and they had just dropped the price.

The rep also confirmed that the monthly website access pricing would be going down to around $120 a year any day now to compete with the Body Bugg pricing.
    oh wow..only 354 now? i wonder why the drop in price? sensewear v4???

honestly why would anyone get the bodybugg now? if you are going to be paying around the same price..why not get the better product which is clearly the sensewear?
  • wow, seems like you get a different answer every time
    I had seen the BB watching BL but hadn't really thought much about it because I just went through a divorce. A couple of weekends ago I met someone new who had one and was quite obsessed with it (fitness trainer and brought her own food to this event and skipped stuff so she could do aerobics in her room). But I was quite intrigued. I LOVE numbers but hate counting calories. I've done WW online and fitday and spark but what was always missing was really understanding my metabolism (ruined through growing up watching a bulimic mother and eat horrid foods like her and then starve myself when she told me I was fat). So... I started looking and found a reference to SW and did a search on that and found this forum. I had called SW early last week and thought I'd actually have the unit by now....

fast forward, read this whole thread over the last few days (single mom and fulltime worker - it took me a while) and finally also got my order form via email (after I left a message saying "I'm X and in X city and called last week and emailed last week and no response etc etc.")

Then I look on here tonight and someone posts that they got their V3 for $354 with 6 months access. OMG. I went back to my order form and here are the stats I got today!! yes, TODAY!!

Order form says WMS Consumer Order Form v4
    Effective August 20, 2008

armband (mini) w/display (doesn't say jack about 6 months subscription) $399.00
    1 month $20
    3 months $60
    6 months $120
    12 months $260

no lie... not $240.....

Not only did they not go DOWN in price for subscription, their order form is wrong and I think it is still $20 a month with no discount for a longer term.

Also, the order form has accessories and replacements referenced such as wireless communicator, straps in small, medium and large and clips and display strap... none of them described, just on there.

I'm not impressed with the customer service or clarity but will probably still buy. I just will ask lots of questions as to why someone got one for $354 on 9/19 if the order form I got was effective 8/20.

What am I missing here?
  • I would love one of the Sensewear.... but I can't even get a hold of anyone. I have called all last week and left a couple of messages, plus I have emailed and have heard nothing. I wish they just had an order form on their website. Anyone know any tips to getting a hold of someone?
  • Quote: Anyone know any tips to getting a hold of someone?
    I had called and emailed but I didn't say where I was from. So when I called yesterday morning I said "I called and left a message last week. I emailed last week. My name is X and I am in X city and am very interested in the SW. Please have the X city rep contact me via phone or email."

Then I got the same text in my email that was quoted in an earlier post in this thread:

Thank you for contacting BodyMedia. Our current special includes our new SenseWear Mini armband and display is $399. If you haven't visited our website, please click this link: The web application subscription, which is required for armband use, is $20/month. An order form has been attached for your convenience - you may complete it and email or fax back in to order. We try to ship within three business days. Thank you again for contacting BodyMedia." excepting the change in price and please note that the subscription is NOT included in the higher price!

1. I don't call this a special if someone else paid far less on the same day and
    2. the order form isn't clear at all
  • I'm sorry to hear that there are some discrepancies in price right now.

Here's what I did- called at 9am and left a VM. Called again at 10am and got VM again. I then called back and actually reached a rep. I may have just gotten lucky, but since they don't have a waiting system set up with their phone lines, I figured that I would just keep on calling back till I got a rep. So, while I got lucky on immediate attempt #2, I would have done it 50x's if I hadn't reached anyone.

Once I got a hold of a rep, she said that she had gotten a verbal OK to charge me the cheaper price, but wanted to confirm with someone else that it was OK to process it through the system. She called me back 5 minutes later and gave me the cheaper price.

I'll post all of the actual cost breakdowns once I receive a receipt- I'm supposed to get one via e-mail when the unit ships out on Thursday.
  • I've been studying the BB and SW for some time now--and frequent this post to see what others are saying. (Thanks everyone!)

I called SW and left a VM and have not had a call. The same day, I sent an email and I finally (on 9/18) received a reply after waiting 10 days. My email contained the exact form that movingoninlife received. I fired off a reply asking why the 12-month subscription was $260! And if they were going to lower the subscription rate (since I'd read that on this forum as well as others). Based on their customer service performance, I don't expect a reply until 9/29....

I'm really interested in the SW model, but I certainly want the price that ibeforej got! Perhaps I need to be as persistent with calling them every hour! I hope I get the same CSR that has the $354 price for the band, watch, and 6-month subscription. I'll let you know how I fare....

No matter what, they are so darned expensive and they wrangle you with the perpetual subscription. I just keep wondering if it's something that I'll be excited about for a while, but then it will go the way of so many gadgets I've tried. .... .... Is it worth it? Many of you rave about how it's changed your life. How long have you had your BB or SW? Has anyone been using one for over a year and still feel as excited and enthused about it as day one?
  • I got a hold of someone this morning and she said the only price they can offer me was $399 for the armband and the display unit. Then the subscription is $20 per month. She said to only do 1 month as they are real close to lower the subscription cost. She also said the response lately has been overwhelming. Perhaps that is why they are not offering the deals anymore?

She also said they are close to having a system up to let people order direct from the website.
  • Are the ppl that are getting the better prices calling Sensewear directly or possibly some reseller?
  • Quote: Are the ppl that are getting the better prices calling Sensewear directly or possibly some reseller?
    I called Sensewear directly, but I'm not going to completely stand by what I was quoted till I see the bill. Obviously I would like it to be the cheaper price, but hearing other people's stories isn't making me very confident. =)
  • well at least you will have it and hopefully at the quoted price.
    i'm wondering if there are different ppl taking calls as I have talked to the same person everytime i have called...same price quote, advice to only sign up for a month on the subscription, and that they are definitely lowering it soon.

I talked to one of my clients this morning that has been wearing the BB from 24hour and she has lost 8#, so once i stop being scared of the price maybe i will too LOL
  • Just to make things more confusing... I just got a voice mail from bodymedia (sensewear), saying they are lowering the price by $40 (so it should be $359) plus a huge savings on the montly price. She said she was going to email me the order form with the new prices. So I will let everyone know when I get it.
  • Quote: Just to make things more confusing... I just got a voice mail from bodymedia (sensewear), saying they are lowering the price by $40 (so it should be $359) plus a huge savings on the montly price. She said she was going to email me the order form with the new prices. So I will let everyone know when I get it.
    Yep- that sounds right. I knew the price was somewhere in the $350s.

I'm trying to reach a rep on Sensewear right now to try and confirm what I was told on Friday. I'll let you guys know if I have any luck- I'm currently on redial #6.