yoga: just my size with megan garcia

• has anyone tried this? i was thinking about ordering it from amazon along with "plus size pilates" and was wondering if it's any good.
  • I have it and have used it only twice in 4 months. I'm not sure if it's the dvd itself or yoga as a whole but I find it incredibly boring. The positions are great for us bigger gals so that part is a plus. I checked it out from my library before I purchased it so that may be an option for you to do also.
  • I looked at the book when I was just starting. I ended up putting together my own program from a variety of sources, but it seemed like a good book.

Regarding it being boring, I'm sure every exercise suits some people and not others. But not only that, there is also tremendous variety within yoga, just like there's a huge difference between jogging a few miles a day vs running marathons vs doing intervals and even vs walking. They're all still joggers, except the walker, and Garcia may be more of a "walker." That may bore a "jogger" to death, but if it may be exactly what a couch potato beginner needs. Even if that couch potato eventually runs marathons

Some yoga is quite strenous, but it will still never suit everyone.
  • I have this DVD and it's great for an entry level yoga workout, esp for a bigger sized person that needs some adaptations to be able to hold the positions at first. I had checked out some other yoga DVD workouts from the library before I tried this one, and they were too strenous/intimidating for me, but this one was perfect, and I really felt like I had done something when I finished. If you stick with it, you will probably outgrow it and need something more challenging after a while.
  • thanks for the input. i really wanted to give yoga a try so i bought yoga for indie rockers but i couldn't really keep up with that. and i was following the beginner girl! i think i'll try this one though.