Any ideas for a good pedometer?

• Anyone have a good pedometer? I am intrested in buying one but I want to get a good one.
  • There was another thread about this a while back, this was the one that got the most votes (and the one I have, and LOVE!)

http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HJ-112-D...5824768&sr=8-1

Good luck!
  • Eskinomad thank you for your fast response and link ;-)
  • Yup! No problem!
  • The best I have ever used is the Nike+ thingy that goes in your ipod. It lets you set goals, graphs your runs and progress, keeps track of calories, shuffles music for you, and lets you knwo when to turn around. basically, it does everything, adn I haven't even used all the features since I got it for Christmas! The only downside: you need an ipod and a specific kind of Nike shoe. I had to get special insoles because the shoes weren't quite right, but now I am a satisfied and motivated customer!
  • I have the Omron HJ112 and it is awesome!

dustcatcher
  • I have the Omron and have recommended it more than once. It's awesome. I've worn it everyday since January 1st and never "hit a wrong button" and reset it or anything like that. It's accurate and durable.
  • You can get the Omron at Wal-mart, but it's in the health/beauty dept in the section where thermometers/humidifiers/medical electrics are---not in the sporting goods dept.
  • Thank you everyone for your replys. It is much appreciated! I can not wait to buy it
  • I ordered mine on Amazon and got here in a hurry. I don't know how much they are at Walmart, but Amazon was about $20.00.
  • Quote: The best I have ever used is the Nike+ thingy that goes in your ipod. It lets you set goals, graphs your runs and progress, keeps track of calories, shuffles music for you, and lets you knwo when to turn around. basically, it does everything, adn I haven't even used all the features since I got it for Christmas! The only downside: you need an ipod and a specific kind of Nike shoe. I had to get special insoles because the shoes weren't quite right, but now I am a satisfied and motivated customer!

I have the Nike+ too and just love it! But you no longer need an ipod OR the special nike shoe.

They how have a thing you can put on your wrist instead of plugging into your ipod. Also, you can use them with any shoe just by clipping it to your laces.

I love the graphs and how it ads it up for you... very very motivating, i get out almost everyday just to see the numbers go up.
  • I've heard Omron is a decent brand