This is so unfair!!!!

• I just got to the office and on our floor, there is a smell of bacon so thick that you could slice it. I see that there is a meeting in progress and outside the conference room, there is a mountain of bagels, muffins and danishes plus those stainless steel containers from a catering company with their own warmers to keep the food warm.
    (Our company if fairly generous when it comes to supplying food for meetings, working lunches, etc.) The smell of bacon makes it really hard to focus on work!
  • Bleh. You don't want it. Trust me. Food that sits in warmers makes me suspicious. Plus, you don't know who has touched it.
  • Picture it covered with pus and maggots.
  • Oh Meg! .... bacon is such an unhealthy ... I hesitate to call it food ... gall bladder disturber.

I'd get a bagel and cut it into nibble sized pieces. But chose from the bottom ... who knows who touched the top of the pile!?!
  • Pig Fat is poison!!!
  • Here's a for you Tomato and a to what everyone else has said.
  • Gall bladder disturber you say, Susan? LOL

Actually, I am having none of it, not even the bagel. Like I said, it was for whoever was in the meeting (could have been customers). There may be some leftovers later but I arrived fully stocked with my own edibles, as usual. Plus I have some almonds in my desk if I needed to snack.

Undoubtedly, I will get some of the "oh, you are eating healthy again" comments - got two yesterday. :-)
  • Better than the "Oh your A$$ is sooo big" comments.
  • OK, maybe it's poison, but what a way to go Not that I've had any since I can't remember when. If I finally have some one of these days and don't like it anymore, that would be pretty cool. But I'm not holdin' my breath
  • Wow, that is tough. I have always hated the taste of bacon but man if it were pizza or something, I'm not sure how I'd handle that.

Well, maybe I'm over the top sanitary, but I may think about how many others may have touched that pizza or coughed or breathed on it. Maybe they touch, cough and breathe on the bacon too!
  • Strange coincidence. I had fasting bloodwork this morning which I follow by a bacon and egg breakfast - it happens every six months. The bacon did not taste as wonderful as it smelled so I left it on the plate! If I'd read about the pus and maggots, I would have just come home for yogurt and berries!