Suit shopping for 20 somethigns

• I have to rant a little bit here. I have been shopping for suits lately. (it's time to start looking professional at work) and everything in large sizes is so incredibly frumpy. I can't take it!!!!!!!! Has anyone else had this problem? Can you let me know a good online store for fashionable suits. I just want to look like everyone else in my office, not a football playing grandma.
  • Depending on exactly how formal you are going, some times I have lots of luck at Old Navy. When they do not have business clothes in the store (especially now that it is summer) they will sometimes carry them online. Worth a try!
    Good luck
  • Traget sometimes has really cute suits.
  • Go to 3FC home page, click on Plus Size they have lots of resources for plus size clothing.
  • Victoria's Secret!!!
    They carry sizes all the way up to a 20, but the majority of their clothing stops at a 16. They have a variety of fits and inseams from 30" for the shorties to 36" for the long legged freaks like me.

I love their stuff. Professional, yet super sexy. The prices are very reasonable for the durability and the quality of what you get. All of the clothes look and fit like they're custom tailored and mucho expensive, even though they aren't. Customer service is great. and I still have multiple pieces from them that i've had for over 5 years now that still look as great as they did when I bought them. Just wash in cold and cool dry and they'll last forever.

P.S. -- They also have a new promo going called "Suit Up for $99". Any two pieces you buy (jacket and bottom) are $99. Jump on that.
  • i second target! I got 2 cute suits there and also check out macy's. I got a couple of great skirts and jackets there on a BIG SALE! (which never hurts when it comes to suiting)
  • layne bryant may be a little on the expensive side (but not really)... they have a bunch of suit style clothes, and every thing they sell is flattering and a little bit sexy.
  • JC Penny! Their plus suits are the same and style as their misses suits. I wear suits all the time and I thinmk all except 1 are from Pennys.

You could also try New York and Company, their clothing run a little big.
  • I like Ann Taylor and Banana Republic for suits. I think they offer larger sizes online. They're not cheap, but they're pretty good quality which makes them more economical in the long run. The styles and fabric is also usually pretty classic so you can wear them for multiple seasons instead of just until the end of the trend. Speaking of suits, I need some new ones, mine are all 12s and I just discovered that I'm now an 8!!!
  • I'm 4'9" and wear a size 4 on top, 14 on bottom. I cannot buy a suit!! I can do seperates though and I've gotten a really nice outfit lately at Dillards & Macy's. I bought a small, tailored jacket and cute top at Dillards then later I got black pants at Macy's.
  • Dress Barn! funny enough, my mother shops here, and i didnt want to, because i didnt want to look old looking.
    very surprising , their suits are nice! i got my suit here, and i look my age, but porfessional looking !