NSV: Shopped at Macy's and bought XL tops in Juniors!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Okay, so for those looking to be a size XS or X or even M, this might not be a huge deal, but I've been looking forward to getting out of XXL and 1X and 2X for a loooong time and to get to walk into a Macy's and buy not one, not two, but THREE tops at size XL and have them FIT and look GOOD makes me soooooooo happy.

Yeah, I still have a long way to go.

Yeah, I'm still nowhere near my goal weight or goal size.

But I'm so dang happy to have been able to shop in the Juniors department at Macy's and pull three XL tops off the racks and bring those babies home with me that I had to share my happy dance!

Still haven't lost 20 pounds yet, but clearly I'm losing some bulk from somewhere. Waist is down four inches and I'm feeling great!

I'll take it!

Please, let's all remember to celebrate the little victories along the way. It's so easy to get discouraged when we're nowhere near GOAL or having scale-based setbacks for more than a moment.

I love this forum because it really does encourage us to celebrate the WINS at every stage of this journey (and it really is a journey).

Thanks, 3FC'ers, all, for the support and encouragement.

On my way to L, baby!
  • We want to see pictures!!!
    Enjoy your new tops - I bet you look fabulous in each of them. I envy you Macy's, I know they often have great deals and I liked the selection whenever I was there.

It is great to be able to buy smaller sizes, isn't it? I started as a a 46-42-46 and now I am a 43-37-42.5. I am hoping to shrink to size L but my boobage is my worst enemy.

Again, enjoy!
  • wtg! I'm loving the XL's right now too. good for you!
  • Quote: We want to see pictures!!!
    In due time. I'm not quite that confident YET... but I'm getting there! YEAH!

Quote: Enjoy your new tops - I bet you look fabulous in each of them.
    You're the sweetest. Thank you for the positive support!

Quote: I envy you Macy's, I know they often have great deals and I liked the selection whenever I was there.
    I must've hit at a really good time. Not a lot of crowds, really good selection, nice range of sizes, and I actually really like the current styles/cuts/colors of tops for my shape right now.

The only thing I'm not loving is the weird elastic bottom to tops--just at the hips--to make the top blouse out or something. Very odd and I haven't seen anyone on whom that cut is flattering. But, hey! To each her own!!

Luckily, I found three really cute and flattering tops that go great with a few things I already own... so I get to "renew" some outfits that way!

Quote: It is great to be able to buy smaller sizes, isn't it?
    It's WEIRD. It had been so long since I had actually shopped in a store that I really actually enjoyed myself today! I've been buying online for so long! It was kind of fun!

Quote: I started as a a 46-42-46 and now I am a 43-37-42.5. I am hoping to shrink to size L but my boobage is my worst enemy.
    Ooh, I have to say I love my boobs!! You and I have similar measurements. I started at 47-40-49 and am working my way down (and in proportion, thankfully) slowly but surely.

I'm very pleased to be keeping "my girls" in shape. I do love my boobage. I don't know that I'll ever actually reach a size L in most cuts/styles, simply because I'm broad-shouldered and very well-endowed. But I don't mind. As long as my waist keeps shrinking and I keep that hourglass shape going, clothes look and feel better on me, and that makes me very happy!

Quote: Again, enjoy!
    Thank you! Very encouraging!!!!!!!!

Quote: wtg! I'm loving the XL's right now too. good for you!
    Yeah, baby! Yeah all of us!!!!!

Wooooooo hooooooooo!

Let's dance in the Juniors Department!

Yeah!

Thanks, everyone!
  • It's so funny that you bring this up... I felt that way when I went to the Buckle in the mall a few weeks ago... I have never fit into their jeans and the thought of wearing cute, trendy jeans that weren't that stretchy denim that I hate started nagging at me. I went there with my friend...told the saleslady that I wanted some cute jeans. She brought me a pile of like 10 pairs. I tried them all on...and they all fit!!! I was like doing cartwheels...ok..if I could do a cartwheel...I would have been. I was so excited.

I bought my first pair of fairly expensive jeans from a store at the mall that wasn't plus size only. ...and then 2 weeks later they were already a little big. haha sorta funny...

but yes, it feels amazing to fit into something you coudln't before---or shop at stores that you never could find anything but jewelry and shoes at.
  • Quote: ...told the saleslady that I wanted some cute jeans. She brought me a pile of like 10 pairs. I tried them all on...and they all fit!!! I was like doing cartwheels...ok..if I could do a cartwheel...I would have been. I was so excited.
    And I think you SHOULD HAVE done some cartwheels right in the middle of the store, who cares if they were a little lopsided!
    We need to celebrate every little achievement, life is too short.

I am hoping to buy one day a pair of expensive super fancy jeans, but I am waiting until I am down to a weight I plan to stay at. Right now, I don't want to spend more than $20 on any pair of pants because I already have a closet full of pants I can't wear anymore.
  • Congratulations, these "little" victories really aren't little at all, they are awesome!
  • Quote: It's so funny that you bring this up... I felt that way when I went to the Buckle in the mall a few weeks ago... I have never fit into their jeans and the thought of wearing cute, trendy jeans that weren't that stretchy denim that I hate started nagging at me. I went there with my friend...told the saleslady that I wanted some cute jeans. She brought me a pile of like 10 pairs. I tried them all on...and they all fit!!! I was like doing cartwheels...ok..if I could do a cartwheel...I would have been. I was so excited.
    Awesome!!! I would be too! Cartwheels!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!

Quote: I bought my first pair of fairly expensive jeans from a store at the mall that wasn't plus size only. ...and then 2 weeks later they were already a little big. haha sorta funny...
    Now that's the BEST kind of problem to have, wouldn't you say??? Heeeeeeeee! Yay!

Quote: but yes, it feels amazing to fit into something you coudln't before---or shop at stores that you never could find anything but jewelry and shoes at.
    Right!! I didn't have to worry about a sales clerk coming over and asking if I needed any help and then having to answer, "Oh, just shopping for my niece," or something (because of fear of what she might be thinking about me even BEING in her store, since obviously I couldn't possibly fit into anything there, etc.). Oh! Those awful things we say to ourselves in our heads!!!!

Yes! It was awesome. I'm so glad you had a great recent experience too! Yay!

Quote: And I think you SHOULD HAVE done some cartwheels right in the middle of the store, who cares if they were a little lopsided!
    Heeeee! I agree, Tomato!

Quote: We need to celebrate every little achievement, life is too short.
    Right ON!!!!!!!!!

Quote: I am hoping to buy one day a pair of expensive super fancy jeans, but I am waiting until I am down to a weight I plan to stay at. Right now, I don't want to spend more than $20 on any pair of pants because I already have a closet full of pants I can't wear anymore.
    I hear ya on that. I'm less excited about buying new jeans and am now mad at myself for having donated FOUR PAIR to Good Will late last year, because I didn't want to keep around smaller jeans for "someday" anymore... and now of course I would be able to fit into those smaller jeans and now they're gone and I either have to continue to wear these too-big ones or buy some to hold me over 'til I'm at the next smaller size... *sigh*

GREAT problem to have, lemme tell ya!!!! But *sigh* Just the same.

Quote: Congratulations, these "little" victories really aren't little at all, they are awesome!
    It really is all of the "little" victories that help us stay on track, isn't it?

Yay! Thank you EVERYONE for celebrating with me! I'm so excited!!! I want to wear my new fancy top right here around the house today, just because I CAN!

Heeeeeeee!
  • Hooray! I bet they looked super cute!
  • Congrats!!! Any little weight/inches is an accomplishment!!
  • Quote: Hooray! I bet they looked super cute!
    Hee! My husband sure does think so!!

Quote: Congrats!!! Any little weight/inches is an accomplishment!!
    Amen!

Believe me, I'm taking the "little" victories all the way to the bank. (The little ones are all I seem to have, lately, so I'll take 'em, keep adding 'em up, and enjoy the ride!)

Thanks, everyone! Y'all rock!
  • Yay! You! Enjoy your new tops. And your new size.

Ugh! Elastic at the bottom of tops. The dreaded blouson look. It was big in the '70s. (Uh. Oh. I'm dating myself...) I was really, really sad to see that particular trend come back. Almost as sad as when ponchos and (gasp!) gouchos made a reappearance.
  • Quote: Yay! You! Enjoy your new tops. And your new size.

Ugh! Elastic at the bottom of tops. The dreaded blouson look. It was big in the '70s. (Uh. Oh. I'm dating myself...) I was really, really sad to see that particular trend come back. Almost as sad as when ponchos and (gasp!) gouchos made a reappearance.
    Thank you!!

And YEAH, what IS that???? I honestly would love to meet someone on whom that style looks GREAT so that I could understand what the appeal might be.

Blouson! Now I have a word to use, when I want to shake my head and mutter about something so bizarre looking as that!

(Sorry to potentially offend anyone who loves, makes, or otherwise adores/creates that style. It's just something I'm not seeing.)

Again, thank you!
  • Congrats!

And you're right, we put so much into that scale, that when it doesn't exactly say what we want it to say, we forget about EVERYTHING else and lose track...and this place, well it puts us (me) right back where we (I) need to be!
  • Quote: Congrats!

And you're right, we put so much into that scale, that when it doesn't exactly say what we want it to say, we forget about EVERYTHING else and lose track...and this place, well it puts us (me) right back where we (I) need to be!
    Yeah!!!!!!

I actually put on each of my new tops tonight and pranced around to decide which one I liked best.

TOTALLY narcissistic and silly, but worth every drop of self-love (after all the self-loathing I usually pile on myself).

Celebrate! Yeah!