Christmas in July!!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Does anyone else get CHRISTMAS FEVER in July?? Ohhhh - I do. I've been signing 'Let it snow' in my head ALL day!

This is my very first Christmas a) On my own , and b) With a live-in SO and c) bringing someone 'home' to meet my family for the holidays!! (Bringing him home for Thanksgiving, but celebrating Christmas at Thanksgiving with my family - then spending Christmas day alone at our place, and meeting his family at his parents house that night! )

I'm already getting SOOOO EXCITED! Oh, I just LOVE the holidays!

This semester I'll have an apartment with a kitchen, which most of our friends don't have, so I'm already trying to think of holiday treats to cook them as cheap gift ideas. (Recommendations??)

Does anyone else get the unwaivering craving for all things WINTER during July? The Christmas trees, the snow men, the home made cookies? Mittens, hot cider, and ribbon? Maybe it's just my homesickness going to my head - but I cannot WAIT!
  • Awwww, Merry Christmas in July, Eskinomad! I can't say as I'm quite ready for it myself, but I do remember feeling that way when I was first out on my own, too.
  • Is it hot in the valley too? It sure feels that way out here in the suburbs and at the mine. I hate humidity. And YES, this is humid compared to WY.
  • Oh my gosh is it ever H-O-T!!!

My summer started out in May in Anchorage, where it was 45 degrees on a VERY warm day - then I packed my stuff and flew to Baltimore where I collapsed, sizzled, and burned to death before I even got off the plane - stayed there til mid-June and made my way to SLC a couple of weeks ago.

I have to say - it was MUCH worse in Baltimore (Humidity was through the stinkin' ROOF, and we had rolling black outs which did NOT help) but that's not to say it isn't SWELTERING hot here!

And Merry July Christmas to YOU Auntie G!! I can't wait to buy my first Christmas tree!!

My dad's favorite Christmas treat is a peanut butter fudge his mom used ot make every year growing up - but he was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in the beginning of the summer - so I'm trying my hardest right now to try and find a diabetes friendly recipe that could almost be the same. Trying to keep the holiday special for everyone, even when I'm away from home. Ohhhh, it just warms my HEART!
  • Um.........Fudge
  • It's a couple of days late but I noticed Lifetime was showing all its Christmas movies on the 4oJ
  • It's good to know I'm not alone on my pre-holiday hunt for Christmas spirit!
  • You could start that SPIRIT up by buying ME some presents now.....
  • If you have any hallmark stores near you this upcomming weekend is Ornament Premiere. You should check it out. It's a sneak peek at the ornaments for this christmas you can also buy them. Free giveaways and goodies.
  • Bah humbug!!!
  • You know...it's been on my mind for about a month now. I always say I am going to do my shopping early and never do. This year I just may...I've got three more to buy for and don't want to wait until the last minute. And I had Silent Night stuck in my head a couple of nights ago, lol.
  • It feels like winter just ended, lol.

But I'll be spending the holidays in a new place this year. I'm very excited about that. I'm a little sad though..it's very pretty here in the fall. And I LOVE seeing the snow. I'm so happy I finally got to see some real snow in my lifetime, lol. I'm glad I have pics of it too.

I wish it was Thanksgiving though. I want some pumpkin pie!!!! OH..dh & I will be celebrating our 4 year wedding anniversary on Dec. 4th!!! I can't wait!!! So many happy things to look forward to.
  • Awesome tip about Hallmark!!

I definitely don't have the income to buy real presents for people this year. Poor college budget and what not. But I still can't wait for the first snow, and the Christmas lights!!

PS - Mmmmmmmmm, pumpkin pie!!! Ohhhhh, now I can't wait for Halloween, too!!! Who am I kidding - I'm just ready to go *home*!
  • Christmas In July
    Just Thinking About Christmas Makes Me Smile. We're Spending Christmas In A Cabin In Tennessee This Year. I'm Constantly Looking At The Picture Of The Cabin On The Internet. I Think I Might Make It My Screen Saver. See Your Not The Only One Going Christmas Crazy. Lol
  • I already went to Hallmark.com and "wishlisted" all of the new ornaments I want. I start thinking about the next Christmas as soon as the last one is over. I really start to get antsy right about now. I've gotten several presents and DH and I have already planned our new yard decoration for this year (we make them ourselves.)

I also start watching my Christmas movies while I'm crocheting Christmas afghans in September. I can't wait for this Christmas!