Im back home

• and very emotional... first of all I am exhauted, been a few years since I have been up every 3 hours lol!!! And second, I was needed there, to help out, to give advice, to just be there....and here at home - not so much...and it makes me so sad For most of my adult life I have been defined as the triplets mom - or the mom with all the kids - now Im no body - I have to redefine who I am and I dont know how....I am so happy for my daughter, and so sad for me!!! I walked in the door of my house and about screamed " I do not want to be here" Honestly I think I am going off the deep end!!!!!

Im praying I feel better tomorrow
  • I think you are on what my mother always called "babby withdrawal"!! She said when she left me after my first was born, she felt like her kids were "officially adults" and she needed to redefine herself. Even after we got married apparently she still felt like "mom" but once my kids came along, it was like I had finally grown up and taken her spot as "head mom"!!

Lots of hugs to you and rest up, you will have tons of work being "super grandma" --start by thinking what cute little name that baby will be calling you -- I like the creative ones!! And trust me, you are still needed beyond belief, you just have a tired new mommy who needs some time to adjust!!
  • You are not nobody just because your kids are grown and have homes of their own now.

You are still a human being and a person with a life, with interests, who is interesting.

I"m so sorry that you're having a hard time of it, but do not think of yourself as nobody. You are a person apart from your children - revel in that.

• When my son went to college I was very depressed. My mom told me to hang on for six weeks...it will be better.

She was right! I still miss him, but now we enjoy being a "twosome" again. Hang on...six weeks...
  • Finding meaning and purpose is important to feel good and useful. Having a personal interest or filling your time with something that makes you feel good helps a lot. Volunteering, starting a new business venture and so on are great ways to do this.