Are people in their 70s as interested in sex as 20-year-olds?

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • This is a continuation of a topic started in Weight Loss Support.

Basically, some people say yes, and some say no. What's your opinion?

Jay
  • Sometimes.

• That wasn't helpful at all, was it?

That's the truth though.
  • oh wow just like some folks in their 20s are not interested in sex some folks in their 70s and 80s are...

my grandparents were still sexually active well into their 80s and my husband's grandfather is 89 and still hitting on women...
  • I wouldn't know about the 70s, but I'm more interested in sex now (with my husband of course) at almost 40 than I was when I was in my 20s.
  • Quote: I wouldn't know about the 70s, but I'm more interested in sex now (with my husband of course) at almost 40 than I was when I was in my 20s.

is your husband also in his 40s? and is he just as interested?

I ask because at 48 I am way more interested than my 37 yr old husband.

I need to find me a nice 20 yr old....
  • Quote: is your husband also in his 40s? and is he just as interested?

I ask because at 48 I am way more interested than my 37 yr old husband.

I need to find me a nice 20 yr old....
    lol

He's 4 months older than me (he'll be 40 in August, I'll be 40 in December). I think I'm a little more interested than he is, but it was about equal until I'd been daily exercising for about a month. I just seem to have more energy than him these days. Maybe he'll start hitting the gym again soon.
  • Maybe I should have asked... Are people in their 70s interested in sex with 20-year-olds.

Jay
  • I'm 29 and there's absolutely no interest in sex. Don't know what's wrong!!! DH is 30 and always interested.
  • Quote: I'm 29 and there's absolutely no interest in sex. Don't know what's wrong!!! DH is 30 and always interested.

well at 29 I was not too interested but i was on medications and i had two small ones at home

and JayEll... sometimes 20somethings are interested in Sex with 70somethings. Ever see Harold and Maude? LOL

actually I used to belong to an Age Gap Couples Board but I left because my gap of 11 years is considered NO GAP there where 15 years is the average age gap and 20 or 30 years was not unheard of.
  • What is this sex thing? Do you have to take your clothes off?
  • Quote: What is this sex thing? Do you have to take your clothes off?

nope you don't even have to lay down Ruth... but you should close your eyes...
  • Ruth-that's hilarious!!! I should say that to DH
  • ladybug-no meds here, just 4 young kids.