Short Chicks--July~Sept 08

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Our group has waxed and waned over time. Please join us in supporting each other along this weight loss journey!
  • Shay- did you ever get your check? I'm off to shop for decorations for the new house.
  • Yep, got it last week. Now I need to go & spend it. My mom loves to shop but she was iffy about shopping over the holiday weekend. My friend that I shop with every July 4th weekend is in Cali right now. So we will see what mom wants to do.
  • Hi,

of course, I would end up joining you guys right at the transition to a new thread.

I have a mini goal in mind... I find that cause I am short a small amount of weight can really change my dress size. I am planning on a very well behaved July, because the first weekend in August is sales tax holiday. Do any of you guys have a sales tax holiday this summer?
  • i don't think we have sales tax holidays in kansas. what does that involve? One things about being home during the summer is i'm spending so much money. i need to get that in control.
  • Gracesmommy--We have tax holidays here but I have no idea when. Re: dress size and being short--We definately have different issues when it comes to being short & overweight or in my case morbidly obese. 200lbs looks like 225-250 on a short person. We have to get down to an almost ridiculous weight just to be considered normal, etc. I've decided I may be happy with 150.
  • Oh yeah, TOM may derail my shopping trip this weekend. He is wreaking havoc right now!
  • hi all- any big plans for the 4th? I'm going to the boyfriend's family house for lunch then to my parents for dinner and watching fireworks. I'm a little nervous how my puppy will deal with all the fireworks. We planning on taking him everywhere we go tomorrow.
  • We are having people over to grill out for the fourth. I am going to marinate some boneless skinless chicken breasts tonight and offer fruit and veggies platters so that I don't get too tempetted by the peanut m and m's.
  • My BF wants to go down to the mall, dc, to watch the fireworks. I don't know if I want to deal with that madhouse.
  • Happy 4th everyone!!! Have a wonderful and safe day!!!
  • ahh, yesterday was family fun day. today i'm off to see a movie with my brother and sister.
  • teacher1--Sounds like you are having a lot of fun!

Well TOM prevented me from shopping this weekend. I will aim to do it next weekend.
  • This week has been rainy and cloudy. Tonight the puppy has training class.
  • Well I finally went shopping. I did a combo of online, catalog, and in store shopping. I got a few pairs of jeans, capris, and shorts. I also got some tops. I need more tops. I feel like I have a lot of bottoms but few tops to pick from.