Weight Loss Support June 30 - July 15

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Hello and welcome!

It's just so important to have daily accountability during something as all consuming as weight loss. If you would like a place to come each day and join a few folks who struggle through each day just (like you do), join us!
  • Good morning!

A nice fresh week and tomorrow a nice fresh month!

You can't get much better than barbeque, can you? Lean meats and a nice garden salad from local produce ... yum! And it's that time of year.

The holiday is a weird day here. Some establishments are closed today and some tomorrow. I do need groceries but I'm not sure where or when I'll get them. But I still can whip up chicken and a salad tonight.
  • Good morning, Susan.

Hrrrmph. I have to say I am not very happy this morning. This was my morning to run but I am bloated like I am preggers with a baby elephant, and I have very uncomfortable feeling in my lower abdomen. I suspect this is "Mittelschmerz" which sometimes affects me.
    The treadmill was a real struggle today, although I did squeeze 4.2 miles out of it (2.4 miles running, the rest walking).
    But, on Friday, I stepped on the scale as I was curious how I was doing and I was 184 lbs. This morning? 186!!! I know I could not have gained 2 pounds since Friday (I simple don't eat enough for that) and that it's probably water retention but nonetheless, I am very grumpy about it. Good thing I normally don't weigh myself that frequently, this would drive me bonkers.

I am at work today because I asked for a day off too late (half of my department already booked a day off) but I got Wednesday off. So tomorrow and Wednesday, I am hoping to do some gardening - I hope it does not rain (as much as I love rain). Tomorrow, my gym is open but regular classes are cancelled but there are 2 classes in the a.m. - one is Functional Training (for an hour) - it is supposed to be a tough core workout (I have never taken this class as it is at times that don't suit me) so I am going to take it tomorrow.
    I am still hurting from yesterday's class.
  • This week is a short week here. Long weekend starting on Friday!

Normally a grilling weekend, not sure if we will being doing the family thing or not. I will be doing the virtual 3FC 5K, though! My sister is going to join me.

I have all my food planned out for the day, and entered into dailyplate. Now, to just stick with that
  • Quote: ......You can't get much better than barbeque, can you? Lean meats and a nice garden salad from local produce ... yum! ......
    .......plus three tablespoons of mayo and half a dozen bottles of Bud...Oh dear, I'm so weak-willed........
  • Well I kind of fell by the wayside during the week owing to the fact that I had to stay away from home on business, which meant mucho food and sugary carbs, but I redeemed myself by drinking NO beer at all over the weekend. ZERO beer, how about that? I think I deserve a gold star. Or maybe a wee reward. Like a six pack or something......
  • If any body needs accountability its me. I am really excited. Today I walked 5 miles and I havnt had breakfast yet. I just want to be able to check in with somebody. I got on the scale this morning and lost another half pound. I can see differences already in my body. Not weight loss but just different little things. I am really excited about this month.
  • I am currently on vacation , last week and this week, and happy spending time at home with my little muffins ( that means four little boys 6, 4, 4, 2). However, I do appreciate the change of scenery that going to work part time allows me.
    ALso, not being near the refridge and cupboard all day long makes for an easier food day.
    --am actively watching myself, feeling the urge to nosh nibble and snack upon me...
  • Good morning! Happy Canada Day!

It's lovely to see you all here.

I had a good day yesterday. Lots of cardio at the gym.

I did a bunch of reading yesterday wrt aches and pains and tiredness. So, I'm eliminating a few things from my diet for a few days to see if I can do anything about that. My intake looks a bit weird for yesterday so I didn't put it in fitday, although I might a bit later. I know I didn't have a lot of calories but it might be better to keep track of how many.
  • Rabbitdear
    Hi Susan B:

Thanks for writing! In 2005 I weighed 330#. I lost 50# that year and have kept it off; now I m very highly motivated to go the distance to 140#. I have been 100+ pounds overweight since the early 90's, and here is a list of my worst habits: eating when not even hungry, eating late at night, eating huge portions, and rewarding myself with food when tired, bored, depressed, or upset about something.

I have been weaning myself from eating late at night and that is going well. Also have started counting calories to help control portion sizes (love frozen WW & others for supper!).

So, the emotional eating is the biggie. I've been acting like a big old spoiled baby, and that must stop!

Diane
  • Happy Canada day to all celebrating!!
    I am checking in here, sucking up all the good vibes for the power to make healthy choices for myself. My family is going away for a few days at the end of this week. I need to go shopping for food and other supplies. My challenge is to avoid buying trigger items.
  • Morning everyone!

I had a real good day food-wise yesterday and did a bunch of gardening.

It was so beautiful here. I worked in the morning but was outside almost all afternoon.
  • Diane, congrats on losing the 50#! I hear you about emotional eating. It was one of the hardest things for me to overcome, but it's getting easier as I go along. I had to find other behavioral outlets for my emotions and it took a long time to develop them into habits. It can be done!
  • Emotional eating is a real tough one. None of the fad diets cater for it, and yet it's probably the single biggest reason for failure to execute a successful weight loss regime. (IMHO) I mean, we all know what we SHOULD be doing, don't we? Why then do we fail so often?
  • Hi everyone! Weigh in was today and I maintained. I am okay with that. Been really feeling the need to eat, though. Yesterday and today. Got the munchies something fierce!!