How much do you gain during TOM?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I was just wondering if any of you have figured out how much you gain around that time of the month? I haven't really kept track of this myself, but now, I'm interested in finding out what most ladies find as their pattern. Thanks!
  • Well I"m starting my new three month plan bloated and with pms, I'm thinking there's an extra few lbs on the scale. Maybe 2 for me, more if I eat carbs and salt.
  • 3-5. I gain it before and it doesn't drop until 2 days after it ends, which is really quite a bit of time for the scale to be high, when you consider it. Irritating, but now that I've tracked my pattern, I try not to let it bother me.

Everyone is different, that's for sure.
  • 3-5 lbs.
  • 2-3 lbs or less if I really watch my salt intake, drink extra water, and keep up with exercise.
  • I find that it's not so much that I gain, but rather than my water weight fluctuations are huge. So if I make a small mistake on my diet, I pay big time. If I'm pretty honest with myself, still work out, at most I'll go up a pound.
  • i go up to 5 lbs and it stays until a week after period ends.
    Also, i still work out, just always feel full in stomach (probably because of all the extra water) so i usually eat less (still gain though).
  • I don't know, because I don't weigh myself, but I feel bloated and my jeans usually feel a lot tighter.
  • 4- 5 lbs, and generally the weight goes on the day before TOM and stays until the end, which is a bit depressing, but i just keep reminding myself its TOM ! Generally I wont even get on the scales around TOM as it depresses me to see the increased weight even if it is water retention.
  • For me, some months I don't gain any water weight, some months it is 2-3 pounds. I am certainly not predictable LOL

I don't let it bother me, I know that if I am eating according to plan and the scale shows a gain, that it is only temporary.
  • Mine is usually about 6lbs, where it creeps on a couple of days before TOM, and isn't totally gone until about a week after. I usually cave to salty food during my TOM, so I'm sure that doesn't help out. One month I saw an 8lb increase, freaked out, and posted about it. But a week later it was gone. Whew!
  • 0 - 5 pounds, depending on my diet and exercise around that time. If I exercise a lot the next week, it comes off much more quickly.
  • Im usually around 7lbs... ugh. Usually gain a few days before I start when im pms'y and then goes away a day or 2 after its over. Yuck but ill deal with it
  • I was flipping out earlier this month because I gained about 2lbs right around that time of the month. I dropped it like a week later.
  • Usually around 5 lbs. Sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. I usually get a good post-period "whoosh" about 2 days after it ends.