I'm new.....in search of friends online

• hi everyone. I'm bobbie, i'm 23 years old and i am really glad i found this forum. I am overweight, too, have been my whole life and have never even tried to change it. I eat out of habit. I dont have to be hungry, yet i fill myself so full that i could burst. I dont exercise, I got laid off when my office downsized to only 5 employees from 100, so i fall asleep around 5 or 6 am, with the help of an ativan. and i wake up around 1 or 2....i then watch tv. I have lost contact with all friends. I have an awesome camaro z28 that is reallllllly sharp,,,,but i hardly drive it cause for one.....i have no place to go. two.....i feel like a blimp sitting behind the wheel...and three...i just dont wanna go anywhere! some days i dont even comb my hair. I'm hoping this board will help me. over the weekend my boyfriend took me shopping.....my back hurt the whole time. but i was too embarrassed to stop him. a couple weeks ago, i found out i had bursitis in my knee...so i got a shot of cortizone in my knee. my dad says its all in my head. that its a psychological disorder. i asked him if my weight was all in my head too or did he see it hanging on me? its starting to interfere in my relationship as well. i was seperated from my exhusband for 14 months before my divorce was final.....in the meantime i met dave. we have been together for a year. he is awesome! but the medicine I take for depression (celexa) has made me lose my sex drive. plus im always grouchy and then i feel bad after i blow up at him and end up aplogizing. i fear him leaving me. he is acting different....... sorry to ramble. just got carried away
  • Welcome Sweetpea,

I understand totally how you feel. I've been depressed for over 4 years now and I am finally going tomorrow to a doctor FINALLY !!!!! I use to think I could snap out of it myself, and like your Father, I thought it was just in my mind...I even went to counceling, grieving counceling etc....and so far nothing. I eat and eat I think to fill a void inside me. And I can't stop.

I hope we can help you and vice verse.

And about rambeling on, PLEASE do so, thats what we are here for.

Love Leens
  • Hi Sweetpea!
    Welcome...and please keep talking. We don't mind, and that's what we are here for!

Making changes in our lives is really hard...but sometimes necessary! If you ever need to talk...PM me or [email protected]

Keep your chin up!

Trace
  • Hello There...
    I am brand new here too....I have been to the doctors and have been diagnosed with depression.......so let's help each other..i need all the help I can get.....
  • Welcome Ladycoors !!

Nice you could join us. I work in Upstate NY !!!! Howdy Neighbor.

Love Leens
  • Welcome both of you
    Welcome Sweetpea and Lady Coors. Glad you found this new forum.