Upstate NY

• Hi all! I'm Denise. I've been lurking in on the forums for about 2 weeks now and I am really loving this site Not much (any) interaction so far so I thought I would introduce myself

I'm 31 and have never been serious about diet until now. I have been "on plan" since May 1st and so far have lost 35 inches and 30ish pounds. I am logging in a food journal plan on my calorie counter (balanced food and between 1300-1600 calories) and currently do 2 total body cardio classes a week and go to curves 3x a week in addition to yoga 1x a week and working out at home (free weights, band, ball) and walking about 3x a week.

I am a single mom to a 13 year old boy, never been married. I have degrees in nursing and child development and was most recently studying psychology and history. I am a photo journalist for a major paper and also run a elder advocacy firm in addition to nannying in the summer.

I'm hoping to find support and inspiration on 3FC

So please say hello! Thanks
  • congratulations on your sucess so far you are goning to go a long way i can tell .. well done and we are glad to have you.
  • and congratulations on your results so far.
  • Hey, I'm upstate too! Welcome to 3FC
  • Where upstate are you? I am north of Albany!
  • I'm near Rochester- I guess I should say WNY- Upstate seems to confuse people anywhere north of NYC!
  • Welcome!!! Great job on your progress!
  • Hey -- WELCOME! and congrats on what you've accomplished so far
  • Welcome!
  • Great job on your success so far!