Girls, We've Gotta Work! Labor Day Challenge

You're on Page 19 of 34
Go to
  • Hello Ladies!
    It has been a good day & I'm glad to hear that so many of you were right there with me. I worked out today & I feel great! Tomorrow morning I weigh in. I'm actually enjoying this and I can honestly say I've never ENJOYED trying to lose weight before. I'm so tired & tomorrow is another butt crack of dawn morning! The weekend is almost here
    Mckenziesmomma - You show those kids who's boss! Just because we all haven't lost all the weight we'd like it doesn't mean we're not becoming fit.
    Babygal - I know it's me - I have a thing about typos. I don't mind anyone else's but I can't stand my own. It drives me
    Alright girlies, I gotta bounce
  • Well the bar is a little slow on closing tonight so I figured I'd stop in and say hi while I wait for their paperwork so I can actually get to doing MY job!!! I'm tempted to start digging into the salad I have for dinner, but just know that once I really start enjoying it is exactly when I'll have to stop eating to work. It's a buffalo chicken salad and with the dressing is 9 points ... BUT I only splurge and get one on the nights after I got a super-long walk with Johnny in so I'm still in good shape for the day food-wise! Luckily I was able to find a light blue cheese dressing at the store ... it helps significantly and really doesn't taste TOO different from the normal stuff. Now I can have my wing cravings satisfied without all the damage!
    If I get a chance after all the paperwork I'll try and stop back in for some personals!
  • Good morning all!
    I just weighed in and I am down to 233 - that is a 7 lb. loss so far!
    It's still really early & of course I didn't go to sleep until really late so my brain is not working as of yet. And so this will be short. All I can say is - let another day begin where I will eat right and move my body!
    HAPPY FRIDAY!
  • Babygal - I was just kidding about coming up there...I'm in Tennessee and your in New York....and I couldn't afford the gas.....LOL!!! I was just really mad when I read that! I'm glad to hear that you are a strong enough woman to leave him (weither you lost the weight or not)......I absolutely hate hate hate it when women stay in a BAD situation and make excuses to stay the "victim" of a relationship. Women are as strong as they will let themselves be. I used to be in an abusive relationship (mental and physical). I dealt with weight gain during that relationship and other things....I was young and dumb and thought I had to be with someone and that was all I was good enough to have. When I met my husband I was still with this guy....but I knew there was something different about the guy that I met that was to be my husband....he was nice...he cared about things I was interested in....he loved his family (especially his mom and sister)....he had been in the navy and was currently then in college...so I knew he expected much from himself and wasn't a slacker. I knew I was going to marry him the day I met him.....I had some trouble leaving the ex...but once I did it all worked out! I have been with my husband for 9 years (married going on 4 years)....we now have a cute little baby girl (11 months old)...and he is just as perfect as the day I met him!!

So to all you girls out there settling for less than perfect....DON'T DO IT....there is a man out there who will treat you right and make you happy (now I'm not talking he has to be a super model or rich...I'm talking he respects you, treats you the way you deserved to be treated, spoils you rotten...LOL...etc)

• Nessa - WTG on the loss! You rock!!

Baby - You know you're my - but Shari is my Do we really need the drama? Can't I love you both equally???

Karen - keep going girly! You and I have similar goals in mind - and we need to get to them!

My goal for the week that DD is gone is #2 loss. I started yesterday w/ a 3.6 mile walk.. BY MYSELF! it was AWESOME!!!

Ok girls - I have to get some sort of work done! I'll check in later!
  • I woke up a bit anxious this morning, so I think I'm going to try to do some exercise in about an hour, I bookmarked something on TV. If that turns out to be a bust, then I'll find something OnDemand. Bleh.
    My weight loss stalled at the beginning of the week completely, but this morning I was down a little bit and I'm almost at my half-way mark to my goal. And who knows, I might lose a tiny bit more after my goal. I haven't exactly been working out right like I was because I've just not felt like myself.
    Tonight my guilty pleasure Degrassi comes on tv with new episodes, haha.
    Ew, my chest kind of hurts, that could be because I'm anxious or because I did sleep on the floor last night, lol.
    I don't know if I'll hit my goal this week, but we shall see.
  • Kate - I hope you were able to work through the anxiety this morning. Good idea to use that energy towards workouts. Endorphins baby, it's all about endorphins!

Well I'm having a quiet moment so I thought I'd post again now that I'm awake. I do have to vent a little otherwise I think I'll blow up at my husband when he gets up. Does anyone else have the problem of there husband or anyone for that matter always eating their food? Every morning I have been having a banana, cereal, and soymilk. I only had enough left for today & then I was going to be forced to go grocery shopping. So of course when I was ready to have breakfast this morning the banana and the rest of the soymilk were gone. He knows that's what I've been eating and he knows I have my points planned out so WHY does he do that?!?! There are tons of other choices for him being as, oh I don't know, he's not the one on a diet!!!!
    Until later...
  • StNessa - I'm glad I'm not the only one with that problem. LOL!! Every week I go grocery shopping on Thursdays...I get exactly what I need...so I ask my husband if he wants or needs anything.....he says no so I get him his usual...and it never fails he has something of mine....Oh well....what I had to do is start planning several options...that way if I run out of one thing I have a back up plan...always have a back up and a back up to the back up...LOL

These are my breakfast options:

Instant flavored oatmeal with 1 piece of toast (I use the 35 calorie per slice Healthy Life wheat bread) with I can't believe its not butter spray (total calories 165)

Bacon sandwich with 1/2 oz chips of some kind ( 2 slices of above mentioned bread, 3 slices of Oscar Mayer ready to eat bacon takes 25 seconds in the microwave, lettuce, and 2 tbsp of miracle whip) - total calorie count for this breakfast is 285 calories

Bacon, Egg, and cheese omlet (1 egg, 3 slices of above mentioned bacon, and 1 slice fat free Kraft cheese) sometimes I have a piece of toast with the butter spray - total calories = 170 with out bread and 205 with bread

Egg sandwich - 2 slices toast, 1 egg, 2 tbsp miracle whip (210 calories)

2 eggs Scrambled or over medium depends on how I feel (to make over easy/medium eggs just use a zero calorie cooking spray ), bacon, and toast -245 calories

Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches (I prefer the turkey sausage, egg, and cheese cressoint for only 300 calories)

I only have up to 300 calories for breakfast....since you are doing weight watchers you can get the calorie, fat, and fiber content of all the foods for each meal log on to weight watchers.com and plug in the info and get the points value for each meal....then you have several options to choose from for breakfast that you already know the points values to....It helps to have a variety so if you run out of something your day isn't spoiled to begin with and also to keep you from getting bored with something...

Hope this helps

• kenzie- I need to find that bread!

Im thinking a salad with chicken sounds great right now.
  • Nessa - I have that problem too! I think it's universal! What I've done to fix it, is all I buy is healthy stuff. When Joe decides he wants something else then he can go out and get it himself! Otherwise, I buy enough healthy stuff to feed the 3 of us... we're all eating better because of it!

kate - how the workout go? did it relieve some of the anxiety? I know it usually helps mine, but not always.
  • Understanding
    Hey chick...

I have bipolar disorder and I understand your frustration.
    There are so many things you can do to help yourself.

First keep coming here for support. We love you.
    Second never give up...it always get's better.
    and last love yourself no matter what you encounter in life.

Good job on the weight loss...
    Hope you cried it all out.
    If not, watch a tear jerker of a movie...lol.
    At the end of the day......laugh a little...'cause your worth it.
    When all else fails...crawl in bed...snuggle up...go to sleep and know tomorrow you can make a better day

Hugs.......Pinup

Quote: I'm having a really bad day. I suffer from depression and anxiety and out of nowhere my depression is flaring up. I went to the dr. today and she doubled my meds, which means I have to go back and pay MORE money for another med check. Ugh! And she keeps mentioning switching my medicine, but she didn't I have NO CLUE why, so if she does, that's another visit to pay for. Then I had like an emotional breakdown.

Oh, and I found out my cholesterol is a little high and my triglycerides are real high,so I really need to work on eating less processed food. I need creative recipes that are good for me.

But on the plus side, my weight went a little down this morning. But ugh. I just keep crying and am going to continue to.
  • I must say reading the posts on here make me smile!

And !!!

(I'm not good at specifying my responses to people's posts haha, if you haven't noticed by now.)

The workout went by super quick. I'm starting to feel a little stir-crazy though because the day hasn't been too active, so I'm going to go to Walm-Mart with my husband to pick up my meds instead of having him get them for me.

And I ended up doing the dishes and making these frozen chicken breasts I picked up, and they actually ended up good. I put that in the oven with zuchinni (my favorite) and then threw that in a salad.

I got another one of my textbooks in the mail today, this one's kind of cheesy, I hate books that state the obvious. It just makes me feel like I'm wasting my time having to actually read things like that. Oh well. I'm afraid if I start all my readings now I will forget things come August. But when I have down time, I feel like picking up one of my books at times. My schedules going to get much more hectic, but hopefully it will keep my mind busy so I don't have time to sit and wallow in my troubles.
  • McKenziesmomma & Eny - I am so glad I'm not the only one! Cause I was seriously thinking there had to be something wrong with my husband. I mean, how many times do I have to repeat myself! Thanks for the breakfast ideas. They all sound so good. I have to go grocery shopping tomorrow so I'll be sure to pick up some of those things.

Well... I stayed within my points up until an hour or so ago. I really wasn't hungry but I was looking for something. I ended up eating one of those apple pie snack thingies. Now I'm going to workout and start again tomorrow. I'm not going to beat myself up about it because I've been good all week so I know this one little thing isn't going to send it all down the crapper. I'll just start again tomorrow and keep up with my work outs.

By the way - things have been working themselves out with the child care. I have 2 new kids starting on the 21st. and another one from my neighborhood who is interested. And I was all worried that I might have to go out and find a "real" job. Now see, I could have used that as an excuse to be stressed and let myself go but I didn't. I had faith it would all work out and it has! Well I should get my "little" butt moving! I'll be back in the morning hoping to hear more inspiring stories!
  • everyone!

Kate ~ I suffer from depression and I just went through a really rough spot so I understand.

Nessa ~ WTG on the loss! That was like my #1 pet peeve when I was living with my mama and family! They ALWAYS ate my stuff, it was infuriating!

Eny ~ *pouts* There will be no equal love. I'm not about the drama but I will totally throw down for you!

Ugh, I'm a bad bad bad girl. I ate entirely too much at Valero tonight. I need to find some way to curb this mindless eating.
  • Nessa - Yayyy...I'm glad you got some more kids to sit...see I told you it would all work out!!!