Girls, We've Gotta Work! Labor Day Challenge

You're on Page 13 of 34
Go to
  • Girls - HAPPY 4th!!!!
    Baby - I'm glad you patched things up w/ BF - they just don't get it sometimes! I really like the suggeswtion for DD as well. YOU SHOULD BE BRAGGING ABOUT YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS!!!

Nessa - WAY TO GO ON THE LOSS!

Kate - good job not piggin' out last night! Will power is tough!

Alright girls - I have a house to clean as we're having about 15 people over tomorrow! 8 weeks and 3 days to go!!! KEEP WORKING GIRLS!!!
  • Here the baby goes again

I took my DGS to the marina this morning to walk but by the time we got there I was an emotional reck. Just weeping, so I went and sat on a rock and let him play a little until I felt a sob coming on, then I told him we had to go because I wasn't having any fun.

When I got home I broke down so bad that I had to call DD to come and get him and take him to my sister house. I was a complete emotional mess and couldn't really understand why.....then after calming down some and saying a prayer I had a thought about something that happened so long ago....on this very day years ago I was looking out the hospital window watching fireworks the very next day my son died,(5mons old).
    Isn't the brain something? I guess in my subconsious mind I still grive this time of year.

Through it all I am not doing so good with the excerise but I am doing great with the water today and pretty good with food choices. I had my protein drink and fiber tablets, I even ate my calcum chews today.
    Looking forward to a healthier day.
  • Quote: And I am proud to say,Mckenziesmomma, I finally worked out! Like Kate I had to remind myself of ondemand. I did the 3 mile walk and it felt great! But now Mckenziesmomma, your cleaning routine is blowing my mind - I clean as I get to it. There is no schedule. Now I'm thinking I need to be more organized. I don't know how you do it!
    !
    I used to run a McDonald's and I got used to keeping a schedule so its easy to me!!
  • Quote: Good Morning and Happy 4th everyone. Proud to be an American! I thank God I live in this country and no where else. As messed up as we are I am glad I have to deal with our mess and not the mess that some others have to live through. Let us not forget to say a special prayer for those serving on our behalf.

I just wanted to check in this morning and say to MommaKenzie I called that DBF of mine late last night and he was all curt and angry sounding so I did just what you said APOLOGIZE profusely, he turned to Jello (sugar free cause he wasn't totally as sweet as I wanted him to be) but at least he softed up.

Have a Blessed Day Chickies

Glad you and your BF made up!!
  • Baby - It is amazing how strong the subconscious is! You have been through a lot!!!
  • Babygal - I'm sorry that you are grieving but I am glad that you found out what was making you so sad. At least now you know how to deal with it.
    And I'm also glad that through it all you were able to take care of yourself so you can remain healthy. Good for you!

My day was pretty uneventful. I had lunch & dinner with my parents which was some pretty good BBQ. My husband had to work so I brought home lots of left overs and even though I really want to dive into them, I'm not. I'm going to do some ondemand workouts and drink some water.

Kate - I did Leslie's 3 mile. I think I'll try that 1 mile jog. Did you like it? Then I think I'm going to do a pilates. I used to do pilates years ago and I loved it. I just need to condition myself to be able to do those butt kicking moves

I'll probably get back on after my workouts to report on what I did & how they went. Until then...
  • Alrighty - I just got done working out & MAN am I sweating!! I did 20 mins of Gentle Pilates, 18 mins. of 1 mile jog, and 13 mins of binki-cardio latin. I remembered just how much I enjoy doing pilates and just how difficult it is! I wasn't wearing the right sports bra for the jog, could use some more support next time, and I couldn't have been more lost with the cardio. But it was fun! It equaled out to 51 mins. I just read the other day that all the celebrities that needed to lose baby weight fast all worked out for like 2 hours a day. That's a bit much for me right now but maybe one day Actually I would like to buy myself a bike. I haven't owned one in such a long time. It might be nice to go out every so often for a ride.
    Well, I'm done for tonight. See you all in the morning/afternoon (depends how late I sleep in)
  • Baby - so many hugs for everything!

Nessa- I liked the jog. I have one of the dvds with a bunch of the walks, and they are a little slow paced but I still break a small sweat, so the jog was a nice boost. I tried one of the bikini cardios and didn't like it too much,but I don't think it was that one. I want to start getting into the pilates. Seems like a nice challenge. Maybe tomorrow morning.
  • GOOD MORNING GIRLS! So I didn't get my house done yesterday... so I have a lot to do this morning. *sigh* at least I got the hard part done yesterday - THE BATHROOM! I hate cleaning them.. but it needed to be done with company coming today. So I'm going to put the dishes in the dishwasher, clean up the Kitchen counters, and pick up the living room before I go shopping then finish up when I come back. *phew* I better get my butt in gear!

I'll check in later girls! & for all!
  • Good Afternoon! I just got myself up and got of bed a few minutes ago. I love days when I don't have to be anywhere or do anything.

Kate - The binki cardio is a little odd. I know I wasn't doing what they were doing but just moving anywhich way. But whatever, I was moving! If you are going to start pilates you might want to start with gentle pilates and work your way up. It's one of those things that when you get the hang of it you totally feel like you accomplished something.

Today I got the pictures on our family's snapfish account of all the Chicago family having fun. I miss that so much! I want to move back but my husband doesn't want to. Something we've been going round and round about for awhile. San Antonio is nice but Chicago is home. I feel like I am missing out on so much when we're not out there, and really we are. My father in law has a rare neurological disease that is affecting his motor and language skills and eventually he's not going to be able to walk on his own or speak clear enough to be understood. So the rest of the family is making every moment count with doing things all together and taking tons of pictures while he can be a part of things. For example, for Father's Day my husband's youngest brother took the 2 older brothers and their parents to a day at Wrigley Field where they got to run the bases and take pictures in the dug out. When I saw the pictures on Snapfish that night I was in tears. To see them all together wearing their Cubs jerseys and my husband being the only one not in the picture was just too much for me to see. And what angers me is that my husband doesn't see the situation as "my Dad is sick, I need to spend time with him, we should move back" but he sees it as "my Dad is sick, I can't stand seeing him like this, we're not moving back" A lot of my stress over the last year has been able me not wanting to live here anymore and up until a few months ago it was also about not liking my job. So I at least fixed half of the situation by opening my own home child care. Now I just need to get us moved back to Chicago so I can feel at home again.
    Wow, I just had a therapy session.
    : I feel much better! Guess I'll check in with you all later. Hope you're having a great Saturday so far!
  • I just had to check in and brag a bit. As I've told you we had a cookout at the house today - the works - chips, burgers, hot dogs, brats, spaghetti salad, potato salad, fruit salad etc. etc. etc.

...WELL... I'm happy to report that I managed to eat my fill - and NOT OVER EAT! Plus I consumed only 507 calories during the whole thing! I left room for the low fat strawberry Jello pie that I made! Sorry - had to brag a bit
  • What a woman!!! Super will Power Evy. I hope you see a huge payoff for that self restraint.

Nessa: Don't it help getting that stuff out? I know I felt better getting it out of me instead of stuffing my face and emotions. It helped too, I didn't over eat. My family had a huge cookout and way too much food. But I stayed home until I felt better and able to handle myself without hurting myself. In the process I must have signed on this site 4 times. At any rate when I got around all that food I ate less than I think I ever ate with family and excess.

What bugs me about myself is I am doing fairly well with food selection but I can't seem to get the get up and go to do some serious excerises.
    Today I did get my hair done: cut real cute and curled. I also got my eyebrows arched and my hairy chin waxed. Chickies I am looking real good with my chuby self. Gotta go: shaving the legs and underarms tonite and wearing a halter dress tomorrow.
  • Weighed in at 251 this morning so I have been going down pretty good...but I think I'm gonna see a gain tomorrow...stupid stupid TOM! I hope anyways. I had splurge day today ...went out to eat and I did good...I picked the grilled chicken with veggies and rice....so hopefully the scale won't go up tomorrow?!?!?!
    I also did 30 min of Tae Bo, 15 min of strength training, and 2.2 miles walking!

Hope everyone is having a great 4th

Eny - you go girl sounds like you and some others are really on track this holiday weekend!!
  • everyone!

I hope all of you had a great July 4th!

I worked graveyard last night, drunk people are funny . I must learn to resist the nachos! I wanted to let yall know that you're doing great! So much support, only been about two weeks and already 13 pages?! WOOOT!

Eny, you know I'm with you in spirit. Love you!
  • Kudos to everyone for doing so well today!

Babygal - Sounds like you are having a "ME" weekend - that's awesome! It ways helps to pamper yourself. Doing things like that makes you want to work harder to keep looking good. And yes, it does help to get things out without putting food in.

Mckenziesmomma - If you keep up with that kind of energy you'll be dropping those pounds like hot potates! :
    (Is it just me or do I keep mentioning food? Kudos, potates...)

As for me, I did pretty good. I tried staying within my points but some of the things I had I wasn't really sure of the point value so I tried to guess. I worked out again tonight - 20 minutes of pilates & 40 minutes of 3 mile walk w/ Leslie. I feel good.
    Tomorrow is another day to work hard & feel great!!!