Some foods that I have found

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • Haha I don't crave veggies but I have figured out that I can eat MORE (with less sodium) if I eat veggies.

One cup of french cut green beans is 30 calories - add some 0 calorie butter spray and it takes like pasta!

And again, artichokes. These are like candy to me and I have done some research and 1 boiled medium artichoke holds 35 calories and had MORE antioxicdents (wow, spell much Taylor?) than any other vegetable and also contains a ton of fiber!

Also - I want to start carrying some food with me - incase I am in a situation it is me vs. cake or even if I am just out and about and need to eat something. Any ideas of stuff I can stash in my purse? I have thought about raw almonds...

arts I wanna cut my produce bill in half! I am totally gonna make it to that farms market tomorrow! Thank you so much
  • If you have a sprouts near you they have great produce and its so cheap. I never buy red bell pepper because they sell at the grocery store for 1.99ish...well i got them for .50 each the other day!! Can you guess what i've been eating all week?
  • Oh yeah! I totally forgot about sprouts! I bet they are great with sandwiches!
  • Another great snack ideas... 1/2 cup of fat free yogurt with blueberries.
    Popcorn with no butter.(of course small portion)
  • Oh there is so many:
    Laughing cow cheese
    Eggplant
    Spagittai Squash
    Chickpeas
    Chocolate cool whip
    Rice cakes (yes I actually enjoy rice cakes)
    Morningstar crumbles
    Morningstar bacon
    Lentils

And although not a recent discovery I agree with everyone, I love artichocks and sweetpotatos
  • I have tired that morning star stuff but the sodium is off the charts!

I need to try chick peas, egg plant, and spagetti squash though

Artichokes are amazing! They do, however, make me a tad musical.
  • If you like hummas then you should like chickpeas. I will throw them in a salad to make it a meal rather then adding chicken. I also like to add them to raw veggies with some salad dresing. I recently tried toasting them with morrocan spices very good.

Since we are talking about trying food I'm trying Quiona today for the first time with dinner. I'll let you know my opinion.
  • I picked some of that up, too! Tell me what you think!

Are chickpeas raw? Do you buy them canned?
  • When I need a chocolate fix, which is around TOM or sometimes right after dinner, I LOVE Bear Naked Granola- Heavenly Chocolate Flavor! Just a spoonful fulfills the craving, and I know that it's completely all natural and packed with whole grains, so it's a healthy and beneficial sweet tooth fix!

• I just found this amazing dish at our local Middle Eastern restaurant.

It is called Imam Bayaldi. It is a vegetarian dish and friendly to the diet if you cut back on some olive oil.

It is slices of roasted eggplant in a tidbit of olive oil with roasted red pepper sauce on top.

Let me just say the flavors exploded in my mouth. Too bad I cannot get the chef's recipe!
  • Quote: I picked some of that up, too! Tell me what you think!

Are chickpeas raw? Do you buy them canned?
    I buy my chickpeas/garbanzo beans canned because I do not feel like cooking them when they come in a bag lol. I just rinse them off. I put chickpeas in everything especially if I make a healthy curry recipe with lean chicken and veggies and sweet potato bits
  • spaghetti squash!! someone mentioned it above, and i just have to say that last week i baked one and ate on it all week.

for those of you who may not know spaghetti squash is a big ole squash that you slice little holes in and bake for about an hour. when you cut it open you scoop out the seeds and youre left with the "meat" of the squash which is these long strands of squash that look and feel and even taste like angel hair pasta.

SO i sauteed some spinach, onion, mushroom, and zucchini and used about a 1/4 of cup store-bought marinara for every bowl. im doing weight watchers and the whole meal - only 2 points! thats even lower than any salad ive made for myself. and TONS of good for you veggies!!

crazy maybe but i lost 2 lbs last week, and i think eating that spaghetti squash meal 4 times last week played a BIG part in that loss.
  • You guys have me wanting to try some squash fries!! I think I'm going to do that tomorrow night!

But the zero calorie butter spray...what brand do you use, and where is it in the grocery store? I have the butter flavored cooking spray, but I don't think this is what y'all are talking about?

Thanks!
  • Christy It's from "I can't believe it's not butter" and it is 0 calorie butter spray that taste JUST LIKE BUTTER. It may get some getting use to, but I love it. I found it next to the butter and margarine...kinda next to the eggs in my store.
  • Taylor - Yes I buy them in a can. I'm another person to lazy to cook them. I open the can and rinse them. Then toss them into food. As I said maybe two weeks ago I toasted them in a toaster oven on 350 for 40 minutes with a bunch of spices. Then eat them.