New to dieting

• Hello all. I'm new to dieting and trying to learn to do it correctly. I have started doing the SBD and lost 9 pounds during phase one and now i'm starting phase 2. I've also started walking at the middle school by my home and hope this will help me to continue to lose weight.

All my life i never had a problem with weight but at age 34 i found myself weighing in at 180 and i want to do something about it. So i have been reading all the posts and recipes and getting great ideas about healthy dieting. It's very important that i do this correctly b\c i do have a daughter and if this is something she will see me doing, i want her to see how it can be done properly. Any advice,tips or words of encouragement are sooo welcomed and needed!
  • Quote: Hello all. I'm new to dieting and trying to learn to do it correctly. I have started doing the SBD and lost 9 pounds during phase one and now i'm starting phase 2. I've also started walking at the middle school by my home and hope this will help me to continue to lose weight.

All my life i never had a problem with weight but at age 34 i found myself weighing in at 180 and i want to do something about it. So i have been reading all the posts and recipes and getting great ideas about healthy dieting. It's very important that i do this correctly b\c i do have a daughter and if this is something she will see me doing, i want her to see how it can be done properly. Any advice,tips or words of encouragement are sooo welcomed and needed!

Welcome tweetybird...I'm new too! Good luck to you! but I have to say when I first saw your post , It made me laugh. SBD always meant Silent but Deadly to me! It took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about!!!
  • . . . take a look in the Diet Central area . . . both the of "SB's" are over there . . . South Beach and Sugar Busters . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/index.php
  • Mmm what does the SBS diet entail?
  • Same answer for you PIE . . . click on the Diet Central ling and then you can take a look at either (or both) forums from there.
  • HI I am new too

I like SB, I think lower carbs is the way to go