New to this board

• Hello!

I am new to this weight loss support group and NEED ALL OF THE HELP I CAN GET!!!! I am very overweight and need to lose at least 60 pounds and I am having a very hard time getting motivated! I have just been diagnosed with Type II diabetes and I am on insulin. I have two beautiful children that I want to see grow up and I want to grow old with my husband but if I don't do something about this now I won't be able to do this...
    Any support, help and input would be great!!!

Thanks a bunch!!

Jules
  • Welcome!

First, did you check out our Diabetes Support forum? You aren't alone!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=203

Sounds like you have a good foundation for motivation, but know that motivation wanes. It helps to have a plan and develop good habits. Of course, at first all of this can be overwhelming.

Do you have a plan to get started? For example, you could start by cutting out junk or watching portions or by coming up with an exercise plan (you don't have to do it all at once)!
  • Welcome...search the threads for your interests and JUMP IN!
  • Hey!

Be sure to check out the Goals and Mini-Goals forums for inspiration! You'll see that many 3FC members have made fantastic changes in their life and health.

Do you like having in-person support? Groups like Weight Watchers and TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly) are good for that.

Jay