Frusterated Newbie

• Hi, I'm Korrie and I'm a binge-aholic. I've been trying to loose weight for 10 yrs and my weight just keep climbing. I'm currently 232 pds, have a BMI of 37. I've looked into WL surgery, but was told I'm not qualified due to the fact that I'm not experiancing any other health issues. I am bitter about being rejected for the surgery.

How does somehow who's lost faith in themselves, start making progress again??? I DO NOT WANT to give up!! I just dont' know where to start anymore.
  • Hi KORRIE . . . . . . glad you found us, chickie. Weight Loss Surgery is just one tool for getting to better health and fitness not a miracle cure or a quick fix by any means. No matter what 'tools' you use, it still takes a lot of very hard work.

Have a good look around 3FC -- you might want to check out the various plans available and most of them are represented in the Diet Central area . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102. you might find some advice about the binge-eating problem in the Chicks In Control forum . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102

Good Luck to you . . . we are all here for you . . .
  • to 3fc, Korrie!

Though you may be bitter about being rejected for the surgery, maybe it's a sign..! The universe may very well be telling you that it's best for you to do it the natural, healthy way. Taking the long road may seem to be a bummer, but it's the length of that journey that teaches you all you need to know about getting the weight off the right way and keeping it off.

Where to start, oh where to start, that dreaded question and the unsureness that comes along with it. There's a whole lot of plans out there that you can follow and the lucky part is that there are boards for many on them right here on 3fc. Why don't you poke around and find one that sounds not only good to you, but one that seems like something you can stick with in your day to day life? Personally, I recommend calorie counting because it's not as restrictive as other diets and best of all.. it's free.

Whatever path you choose to follow, I wish you the best of luck! With enough time and effort, faith in yourself can be restored.

~Rina
  • Using this site has been a life saver for me personally...I have struggled with my weight my whole life & its so nice to have so many wonderful people understand what we're going through...Get on here whenever you feel a binge coming on or if you feel like giving up, this place will knock you back on track! It has for me!! I still have a long way to go but I know with support like this I can finally do it! There is so much advice and help!! I know exactly what you mean when you say giving up on yourself, I've done it way too many times and it feels so much better to be proud of yourself! You can do it girl!! You deserve it!
  • Korrie,
    I'm in the same boat as you. I feel like your words were my words. I just joined tonight. I've also lost my faith. Better times have to be ahead.