5 lb Challenge LUCKY Number 13!

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • This is the 13th version of the 5lb Challenge!

The first person who loses 5 pounds will win this challenge and get to start the next challenge thread!

Everyone is more than welcome to join! The more who post to the challenge, the merrier! Will you be the next 5lb loser?

*Just post your starting weights, and Good Luck Everyone!*
  • I just posted on the previous thread - but I'll do it here as well....

WTG Betsi!!!!!!!!!

I guess I'll put this morning's weight as my starting weight:

SW: 156.8
    GW: 151.8

Cool! My last GW was 153 and something - so at least I've lost a little since the beginning of last challenge

PS - I like the name of your thread
  • CONGRATULATIONS BETSI!! Whoo hoo!

Start Weight: 167.6
    Current Weight: 167.6
    Goal Weight: 162.6
  • SW: 188.5 (apparently! that was so sudden I can't get used to it!)
    GW: 183.5

Like PhotoChick said when she started Number 12, I'm not adjusting my "official weight" til my weigh in day (tomorrow) because I think I'll jinx it. I still think it's got to be a weird fluke to have lost so much from my TOM.... but it's been a pretty weird and gnarly one so who knows. And as I mentioned, I've never had regular cycles while trying to lose before (long story) so this water weight whoosh is new to me, maybe it's normal.

But enough blather from me. On your marks, get set, LOSE! Go ladies, go! (And any gents who join us, GO GO GO too!) Good luck everyone, we're on lucky number 13, and tomorrow is even Friday the 13th, so we have extra good freaky mojo to mystically make that scale go down down down! :
  • Hey, we take those pounds where we can get them! Yee haw.

I wanna be in the 150s so bad I can taste it. Come on 150s, here boy, here! *whistles*
  • Whooo hooo Betsi! Good for you.

I'm back up a bit. I figured I would be. But still moving downward ... just slowly.

CW: 166.8
    GW: 161.8

• Thanks everyone! I'm still reeling from the shock.

I have a question I've been wanting to ask for weeks. Those of you who post your progress in increments of .2, .8, .6, and so on - where did you find a scale that reads so precisely? When I bought my scale I thought it was the coolest thing since sliced bread to see those big digital number in increments of half a pound, but I guess I bought a pretty basic model, huh?

Edited to add: on a different note - woohoo, only one week til I can finally get a signature!!! I want my darn ticker. I sure hope I don't bounce up too much, I want to be able to show at least a ten pound loss on it. I can't get over how fast it's come off since I joined 3FC - or the fact that I've only been here about three weeks!
  • Yay well done Betsi!!

SW: 152.8
    GW: 147.8

As for the scale, I have one that reads in tenths of a pound. It's an EKS make and I think I got it from Amazon.
  • Yippee Yea! I alwasy liked Friday the 13ths - why? not sure?

SW 219
    GW 214
  • Congratulations Betsi!! Good job!

SW-216
    GW-211
    (this feels like deja vu)
  • I started #12 the same way also Darby!!
  • congrats Betsi! I love your hair, by the way.

my TOM is taking it's sweet time so I'm up two pounds, patiently waiting for my woosh.

SW: 164
    GW: 159
  • Quote:
    have a question I've been wanting to ask for weeks. Those of you who post your progress in increments of .2, .8, .6, and so on - where did you find a scale that reads so precisely? When I bought my scale I thought it was the coolest thing since sliced bread to see those big digital number in increments of half a pound, but I guess I bought a pretty basic model, huh?
    I have a Tanita digital scale that I got at ... oh gosh, either Kohls or Bed Bath and Beyond. I paid $35 for it. (Actually *I* didn't pay anything - I had gift cards from Christmas and I know I used one of them for the scale - I just cn't remember which store! )

It has an auto-off function. What you do is press on the bottom right corner to turn it on, and it self-calibrates and zeroes out. Once it come up with 0.00, then I step on it and it gives me my weight. It's probably the most consistent scale I've ever owned.

I'll see if I can find a link to it anywhere.

I am pretty precise about how I use it, though. I have a tiled bathroom floor, so I always center it on one tile, and weigh in the morning, right out of the shower, in the nude.
  • Hi ladies!

SW - 230
    5# GW - 225

PhotoChick - That is an amazing loss you've had thus far! Wooohooo!
  • I have a Weight Watchers scale by Conair that reads in .2 increments....
    http://www.conair.com/search_result.php?keywords=scale