This is it....

• I just turned 30 two weeks ago and I realized that I have been battling (whether imagined or real) my weight for 16 years!! I'm done. I've always wanted instant weight loss, I mean I've always wanted to lose 40-50 pounds in a few days.....IMPOSSIBLE. I thought about joining Jenny or WW, but I'm the kind of person that would expect "them" to make me lose weight. I've decided to go on this journey without joining some organized group. I've done WW, so I know the principles of it...that along with my nursing knowledge and support from 3FC and my husband I have decided to live a different life......I bought good for us food yesterday (boy, that can be expensive) and I started counting points this morning. I lost 6 pounds on WW (gained it back) and 9 pounds with a different weight loss place (and gained that back also). This time is different and ONLY ME MYSELF AND I can make that a truth! I look forward to getting to know you all....and if you have any suggestions for navigating this site......all help is welcomed!!

PS I'm a full-time, homeschooling mom (with a fuill-time student husband)...who works every weekend to mnake ends meet.....who is now ready to focus on ME!!!
  • Good Morning and Welcome!

Glad to have you here. You'll love this place, wonderful for support and encouragement where ever you go.

Good luck and once again, welcome to 3FC!!

• You've got the right idea! Quick fixes don't end up being so quick in the end...

If you're following WW on your own you may want to stop in at the WW area under Diet Central for others following the program, too

Making these small permanent changes will help you along the road.

Best of success!!
  • Hi there . . . . . . so glad you found us -- you sound like you are on the right track now, Chickie -- there are no quick fixes and nobody can do it but you.
  • you are on the right track it isnt really about a "diet" its a lifestyle change for the better!