"Gaming" Exercise?

• Hello!

Has anyone else noticed that the gaming companies have released fitness related games?

Ex: Wii Fit, Dance Dance Revolution Fitness Mode, etc.

Do YOU use any of these methods as part of your exercise routine?

I have the Wii Fit, and I love it. I wouldn't say it's the only exercise you need though, I also use my stationary bike!

What's your point of view on the subject?

• Yah, yesterday at Walmart I saw 'Go Pilates' and 'Go Yoga' for nintendo DS.

And we have the dance, dance revolution for xbox 360. Lots of fun!
  • I love my Wii Fit and have been using it daily as well as my stationary bike! I try and do at least 30 minutes of both, some days more.
  • Hi ladies, I have owned my Wii Fit since it was available on May 21. I am happy to say that in the 3 weeks since I have dropped 2 inches in my waistline. I'm sure that I've lost in other places, but I carry most of my weight in the upper body...and that is the area that I've been focused on as for as measurements.

The game is fun, it holds me accountable and I'm doing exercises that I would have never attempted on my own. The feedback and scoring process motivates me to try again for a better result. I couple my Wii Fit with my treadmill. I use them 4 or 5 times a week with the goal of eventually exercising daily.
  • Quote: Hi ladies, I have owned my Wii Fit since it was available on May 21. I am happy to say that in the 3 weeks since I have dropped 2 inches in my waistline. I'm sure that I've lost in other places, but I carry most of my weight in the upper body...and that is the area that I've been focused on as for as measurements.

The game is fun, it holds me accountable and I'm doing exercises that I would have never attempted on my own. The feedback and scoring process motivates me to try again for a better result. I couple my Wii Fit with my treadmill. I use them 4 or 5 times a week with the goal of eventually exercising daily.
    This is a great report!

Thank you!
  • I bought my Wii fit 2 weeks ago. It is worth every penny I spent! It is keeping me motivated to exercise and is a lot of fun. Some people have given it bad reviews because of lag time between exercises, but I march in place or step side to side in between to keep the calories burning. I absolutely love that it keeps track of everything from time exercised to weight fluctuations. Being able to see other Mii family members while I excercise makes things fun too. Now if I could just get it to cook healthy meals for me, I'd be all set! LOL!!