Weekly Chat through June 8th

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Still no air conditioning I'm waiting for my sister to come get me so I can hang at her place for the night because it is rediciously hot. Which means I don't get to the gym today. Part of me thinks I should talk to my sister and see if she wants to get a memebership at gym by her house so that when I go there on weekends I can still work out. I'm going to have to work on my budge and see.

Arts - Yeah that is what I did also. It seems to work.
  • So I wanted to liven up the foods I am eating so I went to the store and got portabella mushroom caps..I know it's not the most exciting thing but I wanted to start small. Any other unusual veggies anyone else likes?

I also bought those 100 calorie packs...and I hope I can eat just one a day but I wanted something I could enjoy instead of rice cakes.

I am also gonna stick to getting starbucks skinny vanilla lattes...they don't seem to do that much calorie damage and kinda give me the feeling I am "cheating"

My workout goal for next week is 4 times...I made it 3 last week which is darn better than none.

The boy and I are gonna stick to one meal out a week and that will be my meal off the plan for the week. We also only go to my beloved piano bar once a week to cut back on drinking. (Where I only order rum and diet)

We are going back to the store today to see if I can't pick out some more food so that we can experiment with different foods and sauces.

And I need to clean my apartment!
  • Hey everybody! Quick question, as you guys knows I am a calorie counter. I want to make sure that I am eating enough calories, but am having trouble deciding what amount of calories to use for a lot of foods. For a chicken breast on the bone at a restaurant with no skin how many calories do you consider that to be??? I believe it's 280... but if that's way over the actual amount that means that I am definitely not eating enough calories in the day.
  • how big is the size of the chicken breast?

I found this is another thread and it seems to be pretty clear.

"Depends on the size. If you go to the store and the package weight is 1 lb, and contains 2 chicken breasts (which is standard size at my store), each is 8 oz. A boneless, skinless chicken breast that is 8 oz is 250 calories. Basically, without knowing package size and total weight it is impossible to know calories.

Generally, I figure my chicken breasts at 30 calories per ounce of weight. So lets say I purchased a package of 2 chicken breasts at the store with a total weight of 1.5 lbs. There are 16 oz per pound, so the total package was 24 oz. If I ate an entire breast from that package, it would be half the total weight, or 12 oz. at 30 calories per ounce, a 12 oz chicken breast would be 360 calories total.

Once you know the key facts - number of breasts per package, total weight of package, and the 30 cals per ounce and 16 oz per lb, you can calculate the calories in each breast fairly easily."

hope that helps a little!
  • Well I'm board (hince stalking the forum), I'm at my sisters, one is out of town and the other is at work, I've finished my laundry and really want to work out but as I said no equiptment here, it's raining so that means no walking outside, and when I tried to do the on demand work out video the on demand is not working. Boy today has not been my day.

Taylor - Sounds like you are on the right track. I love 100 calorie packs because they get my sweet or salty tooth out of the way.

Cookie - that sounds about right for chicken depending on the size of the breast.
  • CookieMonster, that sounds about right. I am a Vegetarian so I'm not much help in the meat department, haha, but I'm pretty sure it's not over 300 (of course depends on the size but still).

So our weather has been crazy this past week or so. We suddenly got this HUGE heat wave of temps in the upper 30s and with humidity, well into the 40s (C - which is like 95-115F). I drove home from work today, and literally no more then 5 minutes, the wind picked up to 100km and we got a huge severe thunderstorm, with tornados and funnel cloud spottings. Sucks because we just opened our pool the other day and I want to use it for exercise. Love swimming, figured it's a good low intensity activity.
  • I buy chicken tenders.(Just skinless bone-less chicken breasts cut up into slices) The package says 100 calories per serving and there are 3.5 servings in the package so 350 calories per package and divide that by 2 (for me and the boy) the calories are 175 for me.

I like buying chicken tenders cause I don't even have to think about the calories and I just know that it is 175.

Remember I have already had 2 100 calorie packs today --(all within my calorie limits though) I am hoping I can make packs stay in the house for a little while. I have also bought 100 calorie skinny bear ice cream bars which I have yet to touch today. I think these will help me gain some self control, however.
  • Hello everyone I'm a newbie to these boards, and Im just trying to find a place to fit in. I'm 22 a graduate student, and I have lost 117 lbs so far, I'm on the medifast diet, looking forward to getting to know some of you
  • anewme -- congrats!! That's amazing!! You don't have very far to go, considering where you've been...welcome

Taylor -- is there any way your boyfriend can hide the 100 cal packs from you? Or can you put them somewhere that's difficult/annoying to get to so you won't be as apt to just reach for one? I had the opposite problem with those...I came home from ballet one day and found my bf sleeping on the couch with 3 empty bags on the floor. I was SO MAD!!

Remember -- I JUST discovered that we have workout stuff on demand...I didn't even know it existed. Though my gym is beautiful and air-conditioned, I just couldn't get out the door in this ridiculous heat wave to get there, but I was browsing through on-demand and found Pilates stuff, so I did 30 mins of Pilates before I was just WAY too hot to continue. Sorry yours didn't work out
  • arts I don't think hiding them will help me. I think I need to learn how to say no and eat them within reason. That's the hard part - which is why I didn't but the cheetos kind. Those wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes!
  • That's totally a good point. I know some people can trick themselves into not knowing where they are, but I know I'd find them, haha!! Good job trying to teach yourself good habits
  • and GOD is it hard! I am watching a movie and I know exactly where they are! I need to take up knitting or something to keep me busy
  • You can totally tell who is board today and stalking the forum I'm currently watching biggest loser army v. navy wives which is pretty good. But it makes me want to exercise more and as I said no videos or equiptment so I think I'm going to do some crunches, push ups, and walking in place.

Scorpio88 - We've been having crazy weather here, i keep saying it is tornato weather and yesterday and today we had toranto warnings I heard one might have touched down near me.

Taylor - I totally know what you mean about mindless eating. Try walking or doing something like that in front of the TV. I might do push ups and crunches now. I normally limit the 100 calorie packs to either one with lunch or as a mind afternoon snack and one in the evening. They aren't terrible calorie wise but they are pretty nutritionally void so I try and fill some of my snacks with veggies.

Anewme - Welcome to the forum. You'll find a lot of support here. 117 Pounds is a great accomplishment are you still on medifast? What do you plan on doing when you go off it?
  • oooooooh i'm totally guilty of being WAY bored today!
  • Me too. Bored is totally my middle name today!

Maybe I should look up online what to do with those portabello mushroom caps before they end up the back of my fridge with mold.