Maintainers Chat: June 6 - 8 Take Two!!

• We're back after the Big Crash of 2008, minus about two weeks worth of posts, new members, photos, profile changes etc. But thankfully the remaining two million (2,000,000!) posts are preserved, so life goes on.

I guess this means that Anne still has two weeks to go before the baby is due. (kidding! don't kill me) I think today is the day of her scheduled C section, so : for Anne and the boy.

What did you all get done today without the computer distracting you?
  • Happy Birth-Day Anne!

Tell you what, my morning cappucino protein shake was NOT the same without 3FC. I've been on here every morning excepting vacations for the last 4 years.

Missed ya'll!!!!
  • Yes, today's the day for Anne! Hope we hear something soon.

So I finally got back to the gym after a while away--traveling (although I went to the gym twice and walked), working in the yard, and giving blood hindered my gym attendance. Next time I'd rather give blood on Friday so I could have the two recovery days be Saturday and Sunday, but I don't think I've ever seen a blood drive on Friday. Sure got my butt kicked in aqua jogging after being gone for so long. Tomorrow I'll lift weights, and I know that's going to be difficult, too. It's just too darn easy to lose muscle anymore. But it doesn't take too long to get back up to where I left off.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
  • Okay, so I sign onto 3FC yesterday morning before work for my morning fix and lo and behold it wasn't there. Boy was that strange. So somehow I manage to get through the first part of my day without it, figuring as soon as I get home I'll get my fix, but no that wasn't to happen either.

It felt so - odd. 3FC has been part of my journey since about a week into it and not to have it to start my day was quite strange.

Glad we're back and running and hope I can spend many more starts to my day here at 3FC. I sure hope Suzanne didn't have too difficult of a time getting things back together.

Waiting to hear good news about Anne and her little bundle.
  • Good morning! The site keeps cutting in and out for me this morning, so that we don't crash again. Poor Suzanne 3FC spent all of yesterday trying to get us up and running again -- she needs a break today!

Let's see, what all did we lose over the past two weeks? Please post again if we lost something of yours!

My big news is that I saw my knee doctor on Wednesday and am scheduled to have both knees replaced on August 14. In the meantime, he says to keep strengthening the supporting muscles as much as possible, do an hour of cardio every day, and try to drop ten pounds. It's not that I'm fat now , but since every additional pound we carry exerts four pounds of pressure on our knees, I'll be thankful for 40 less pounds of pressure after the surgery. So I really have "no excuses"!

I'm off to the gym when it opens at 8:00 am for cardio and shoulders, then cleaning up the yard before it gets too hot.

Robin, how are things going this weekend?
  • Well, we were without power from yesterday to this morning at 5:15am so I missed the outage ....along with everything else. Harumph!

Congrats to Anne and her new blue bundle.

I'm afraid yesterday went a little nuts since we couldn't cook or open the fridge. Onward and upward, I've got no control over mother nature. It's not an excuse, just admitting it. Have a good Saturday all. I'm off to a very, very soggy soccer field.
  • Lisa, that is a long time to be without power. And you most certainly can not control mother nature.

My weekend Meg? Ohhhhh, let's see. I'm dreading it. Food wise. We will be going to our very close friends Sunday night through Tuesday night and sleeping there for the long holiday. And her menu is scary. And there ain't a darn thing I could do about it. I'm really not sure how I should handle it. I am hoping to keep things in check. But in all honesty, during situations like this lately, that has NOT been the case. I know I can come home with a 10 lb gain. I've really no doubt about it. One day very off throws me for a 5 lb gain, so 10 lbs is not out of the question for me.

I was doing very, very well Sunday through Wednesday. Thursday and Friday were above my calorie allotment, by about 200 calories each day - on healthy foods, but nevertheless.........

I hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • Prayers it all went well ANNE!
  • Hmmmpph. I was busy busy yesterday, but everytime I had a chance I tried to log on. Glad we're back! I couldn't do without y'all.

Today's excitement is that I installed a wireless router and can now use my new laptop anywhere in the house, and I can be online at the same time my DH is! It's great. I'm actually in my kitchen, ignoring the dinner dishes. I know lots of you have had wireless at home for awhile, but it's a treat I used to only have when traveling for work.

THis morning all the directors of our city were "asked" to attend an FAA pancake breakfast. Oh joy, just what I needed when I'm trying to have a clean week. As I said in the No Excuses thread, I had one blueberry pancake, and one icky frozen sausage and lots of coffee. I did my share of politicing with the local folks and stayed until after the guest of honor - our senior US Senator - left. THen off to the grocery where I managed to drop lots of $$ - I don't know which is worse, gas prices or grocery prices.

It's cold, cloudy and windy here. I hung my laundry out, but otherwise, it stinks. Hard to believe it's the first week of June. Plus we're supposed to have our church service in the park tomorrow. Won't be a lot of folks there if tomorrow is like this.