Had a non-scale victory today...

• So last year at this time I went in to get my cholesteral checked and it was a whopping 283 total, and my bad alone was 170. My doc put me on some meds to help but told me to exercise and eat better etc. I also had to get it checked every three months.

well today I went in for my results and my total was only 210 and my bad was in the NORMAL range!!!

I almost couldn't believe it especially since I haven't lost as much as I wanted to, but i guess any amount of loss does make a difference. I was so excited. my goal for my next checkup in 3 months, is to have my total in the normal range and to have lost more weight.
  • Whoo hooo!!! Awesome. Good for you!

• That is great news... Good lab news is wonderful...
    I had a similiar experience this week.. 4-5 months ago my cholesterol was well over 200, I was put on Crestor, and this week it was 160; hdl and ldl were 'normal'... It's great to get that news isn't it... I don't know about you, but I haven't heard 'good job' from my doc in a very long time... KEEP up the good work...
  • yeah, I was pretty excited especially since the med I was put on was not a very strong one. Mostly because I'm still child bearing age and some of the stronger drugs can cause birth defects. Just gotta keep going in that direction!!!
  • Minute Clinic at CVS in my area is doing free cholesterol test. I've never got that done before, I'm going to do that tomorrow and see how I'm doing..

Congrats!!! =)
  • Gettin' healthy! Great motivation! Congrats!
  • Congratulations! It's a great feeling to see your hard work pay off, isn't it?

I had a similar experience a last week. My blood pressure has been on the border between normal and high for the last several years. But last week, my BP was down to 112/62! And my pulse was a mere 65! Yay for making healthy choices!
  • Congratulations!
  • Way to go! You gotta love seeing that kind of positive impact on your health! Congratulations, feel proud!
  • That's great, congratulations!