WAY off topic!!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I'm so excited... my mom and I just got tickets to go see Tina Turner... in California no less!! I've never been to California, so it's pretty exciting for me! The tickets were expensive, but I've adopted a new attitude about spending money on once in a lifetime experiences... its SO worth it!!

And talk about motivation!!! I gotta get my booty smaller so those airplane seats aren't so tight! Not to mention shopping in California, I wanna get into all those smaller clothes! Anyways, just had to share!!

-Aimee
  • I may have some family members at that concert. Sounds like so much fun!
  • My friends and I were just talking about Tina Turner this past weekend. How incredible and sexy she looks. She's in her 60's and she's HOT.

Anyway, I actually have seen Tina Turner perform live. She's incredible.

You're gonna have a blast.
  • Yay!!! Sounds like a fun trip.
  • Oh yay for you!

It sounds like it should be a lot of fun. I have a similar philosophy about travel and opportunities. I am willing to spend money on experiences more than on things!

• Very exciting! Which show in California are you going to - what city?
  • Gurly - we are going to San Jose! If I'm not mistaken it's sort of close to San Francisco, or I hope so! We are planning to take some time and go find the ocean. I do live REALLY close to the ocean, but I'm sure it's going to be different from in Vancouver!

I don't usually get to travel - I got a job about a year ago which is paying me DOUBLE for less of a position, so it's been amazing! I am also going to New York - that trip is either late August or September. We haven't nailed down the date yet, but I am in awe that I get to go there!

-Aimee
  • Quote: Gurly - we are going to San Jose! If I'm not mistaken it's sort of close to San Francisco, or I hope so! We are planning to take some time and go find the ocean. I do live REALLY close to the ocean, but I'm sure it's going to be different from in Vancouver!

I don't usually get to travel - I got a job about a year ago which is paying me DOUBLE for less of a position, so it's been amazing! I am also going to New York - that trip is either late August or September. We haven't nailed down the date yet, but I am in awe that I get to go there!

-Aimee
    San Jose is about 45 - 60 mins away from San Francisco. You could also go more south to Santa Cruz. There is a boardwalk and fishing pier with sea lions! Probably about 45 mins away from San Jose also.
  • Yay! California!!! Too bad you'll be so far away from me.
  • That IS the same concert my parents are going to!
  • Gurly - all of that sounds wonderful! Whats the weather like in October?

Jessica - where are you again? For some reason I thought San Francisco? Not too sure why!

mandalinn - hehe nice! It's a concert for all ages! I wonder if I'll be one of the youngest people there... What kind of seats did they get? We ended up lower bowl, 22 row. Not the BEST because it's beside the stage, but it definitely could have been worse!

-Aimee
  • California is great. Northern Cali is very beautiful. Have fun!
  • Aimee, that's awesome!!

Jessica and Dawnyal....HOLY CRAP...those new avatars are HOT !

Linda
  • Thanks Linda!

Aimee, I'm in San Diego - right next to Mexico. Soooooo pretty far away!
  • Quote: Thanks Linda!

Aimee, I'm in San Diego - right next to Mexico. Soooooo pretty far away!
    I am too! I live and work in North County! I love it!