No Excuses Week #4--Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 5 of 5
Go to
  • Yesterday was great until dinner. I should have stuck with my first choice--scallops with sauteed vegetables. Instead I got enchiladas. I way overate and the scaled proved it this morning. Today will be better.
  • Morning.

Yesterday finsihed well, and I was down a pound from 2 weeks ago (WW meeting).

Modkitn - I had to laugh at curry and hot chocolate in the same meal, just somehow doesn't go together for me.

Today's plan:

B - 2 eggs scrambled, ww toast w/homemade jelly,
    S - ff latte
    S - yogurt with 4 strawberries (the last ) and 1/2 banana
    L - lean cuisine chicken Philly flatbread, salad
    S - pear, 1 oz cheese
    D - shrimp, grilled asparagus, spinach salad - the end of these ingredients too - corn on the cob
  • Our dinner was soooo good last night. If you haven't tried nopales, give them a shot if you can find them! My sister was surprised that you can eat cactus, but you can, and its SO good. And in a fajita? BLISS. Plus it has almost no calories (literally, a whole cactus pad has about 5), is loaded with fiber, and lowers the glycemic load of anything you pair it with. Tastes sort of like a tangy green bean. Mmmm.

I am very proud of myself for resisting falling into eating for comfort yesterday. My work situation is very stressful at the moment...just lots to do and not enough time to do it in. Last night I worked until 9:30, including while I ate dinner, and when I was done, I just wanted to eat and eat. I had some tea. Then some water. Then some more tea. Then I had my planned dessert and went to bed. So it was a little victory. Yesterday was on-plan except for one additional snack, and I'm OK with that.

Robin - for getting right back on plan. I'm like you, it isn't so much a THING I eat that triggers me to go off plan..it's that initial off-plan bite, no matter what it is. The only thing I can eat off plan without veering into dangerous territory is produce. For some reason, a handful of cherries won't set me into binge mode, but a handful of rice cakes will.
  • Yesterday was both on plan and off plan. Calories came in on plan, exercise more or less, but the actual content of the calories was off-plan, since DH requested pancakes and scrambled eggs for dinner! I ate 1295 cals, but ZERO from vegetables. :sigh: At least I had a lot of fruit.

Today is off plan content-wise again. They surprised me by having food at my lunch meeting, so rather than eating the lunch I brought (which wasn't terribly nutritional either - roasted chicken, onions, potatoes, and cranberry sauce), my lunch was a tiny piece of pizza, a little bit of salad, and a whole wheat bagel with lf cream cheese. Oh well, if I keep to a sensible dinner my total cals will be on track. Mission for this weekend: more veggies!!
  • Pat - It definitely was a very odd combination, but on WW they encourage you to get in at least 2 servings of dairy (for calcium). And I like hot cocoa and the kind I have is calcium fortified. Plus usually by lunchtime it is FREEZING in here at work and I need something to warm me up!

mandalinn - for staying on plan!
  • Yes, I assumed you didn't eat them together! I initially lost my weight on WW, and I still go to weigh in, and occasionally for the meetings, but I count calories more now instead of points, but sometimes points. And to mix things up, I tend to use Core foods except I do eat bread.
  • Changed my dessert plan (from NSA Ice Cream to nonfat frozen yogurt and graham crackers...mmm), but I'm still on-target with my goals. And I got some hardcore exercise in today!

For tomorrow...The Plan:

B - Pizza English Muffin
    S - Orange
    L - Leftovers - Turkey breast meatloaf, roasted vegetable whole wheat couscous, side salad
    S - Popcorn
    S - Protein Shake
    D - Giant Grilled Chicken Salad w/ many veggies, spray dressing
    S - NSA Neopolitan Ice Cream

E - 60 min elliptical