Planning & Chat for May 19-25

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • beautiful day
    HI
    thanks for the website - I will check it out!

it 's a great day here and I am ready to move it to lose it

now if I only wasn't working
  • Hi, ladies - here I am, I just joined. I'm doing the Volumetrics thing. Has anyone else tried it?
  • lizzbee!

batmomm - wtg for running even in the crappy weather! heck I am having a good day if i even go to the gym when it's gross outside!

dagmar, i turned my heat back on last night too. what's going on here? it's almost june!! next week i am going to arizona and i am definitley looking forward to the warmth.

i just started south beach today - as much to try to curb my carb/sugar cravings as to boost my weightloss. I've been in a rut and hopefully this will be the kick in the bum that i need.
  • Allison - those burgers sound yummy!

Kitegirl- when you are unable to walk, do you go to the gym instead?

Susan- what does Victoria Day commemorate? I really hope your doctor can give you some insight.

Trailgroomer - that is a lot of exercise! Good for you.

Batmomm - we all have our bad days - and tomorrow is a new start

Iris- I am glad you had such a nice weekend.

Dagmar- I am sorry the weather has you down That is not fun.

Welcome, Lizbee I am only slightly familiar with volumetrics. Do you like it?

My day is off to a very good start. I walked for even longer than usual - supposed to rain here today so I wanted to do that first thing. I am currently working on my walking plan - slowly working up my speed and distance over the next 8 weeks.
  • I am just posting this for my own accountability. I thought long and hard about what my personal, specific goals for walking are. For me, it is more important that I am walking for health than the actual number of miles I may log. And one of my goals is to increase my stamina a lot and, as a by-product, the duration of my walks.

So I crafted a walking plan:

Month One:
    Week 3-4 Walk 30 minutes/day for 4 days/wk
    Walk 40 minutes/day for 1 day/wk.

Month Two:
    Week 1-2 walk 30 min/day for 3 days/wk
    walk 40 min/day for 2 days/wk

Week 3-4 walk 30 min/day for 2 days/wk
    walk 40 min/day for 3 days/wk

Month 3:
    Week 1-2
    : Walk 30 min 2 days/wk
    40 minutes 2 days/wk and 50 minutes 1 day/wk

Week 3-4 walk walk 30 min 2 days/wk
    40 minutes 2 day/wk and 55 minutes 2 days/wk

Month 4:
    Week 1-2
    : Walk 30 min 2 days/week
    40 minutes two days/week and 60 minutes one day/week

I realize I may need to make changes or tweek this a bit as I go along, and also will eventually need to decide how many 60-minute walks per week I desire and can fit into my schedule.
  • Welcome Liz! If volumetrics means eating the most volume for the calories, then probably a bunch of us do it, but I don't officially know much about it.

Hello to everyone else! I'm doing a terrible job keeping up with the thread lately because I've been so busy, but I just enjoyed reading from Susan B all the way through to Lizzbee! So, I'm caught up, but I don't have time for personals because I have a game in 15 minutes (good thing I only live 5 min away).

So more later... keep on keeping on, ladies!
  • Beautiful day here!
    It turned out to be and reasonably comfortable today (particularly since I went home and put my rain pants on this morning) and I'm enjoying having less dogs per group to walk this week. Less stress and it gives me a chance to brush up the obedience commands for the ones I have.

The dog is not a big fan of salad. Sat drooling at dinner as I ate it but very carefully spat out each and every piece of lettuce I gave him. He ate the snow peas, radishes, and carrots though.

I'm waaay OP today and will stay that way until bed time. It's just 11 days until DH and my official "date" - the first one we've been out on in years.

We go out together but don't get dressed up or plan much in advance or any such thing. I suggested to him that he arrange for something special on the 31st, since he was complaining that we never did anything together, and he agreed. Should be fun!

I want to be 134 lbs. for this and fit into a dress I'm having altered. I'm confident I can stay OP for at least 8 of those 11 days. One down and 10 to go

Dagmar
  • awesome Dagmar! We'll keep you OP for your fabulous date.

Iris-the weather actually cleared right up. Not sure if I would've actually done the rain run. I like to think so but not sure. Good luck with phase one!

Welcome LizzBee, I know nothing about volumetrics but love new ideas.

Looks like a great plan Leigh. I like how you give yourself 2 weeks to settle in to each change.

I did manage to get 8 miles in before I had to get my son. Tonight I've got my midnight class too.
  • Leigh - I go to the gym for at least an hour every day besides that; it's just that I'm trying to stay somewhat active during the day.

I took today off since I was tired and didn't want to wear myself out...will be hitting the gym tomorrow though. Today was a "team breakfast" at work and luckily I was able to resist the bagels....just had fruit salad and a mini-muffin It's hard when food is around all the time in the office, but since I plan to bring my own lunch every day I will have food to eat if I get hungry.
  • Morning Featherweights!

Welcome Lizzbee.

Well, I have set myself a long term walking goal. I try to get out every day to walk with the baby and I decided to work towards something. The distance between the two furthest points in Britain (John O'Groats and Lands End) is 840 miles, so I have decided my goal is to walk 'from' John O'Groats to Lands End. So far I'm up to 21.5 miles.

I set up a ticker, but I can't put it in my sig as it will make it too long, but here it is:

I was down a bit this morning - I should make my goal of 154 by the end of May if I work hard.

Only thing is, we have a tea party on the 31st to celebrate my mum's and my daughter's birthdays - I will just have to try not to eat too much and ignore the next morning's weight!! There will be home made chocolate cake though.

Still, cake every so often isn't too bad.
  • Quote: Morning Featherweights!

Well, I have set myself a long term walking goal. I try to get out every day to walk with the baby and I decided to work towards something. The distance between the two furthest points in Britain (John O'Groats and Lands End) is 840 miles, so I have decided my goal is to walk 'from' John O'Groats to Lands End. So far I'm up to 21.5 miles.

Only thing is, we have a tea party on the 31st to celebrate my mum's and my daughter's birthdays - I will just have to try not to eat too much and ignore the next morning's weight!! There will be home made chocolate cake though.

Still, cake every so often isn't too bad.
    Great idea for the long term goal Robsia and I'm putting your quote about the cake on my fridge

Dagmar
  • I walked to the aquarium shop and back this morning. I thought it was 2 miles, but when I measured it on the map it was 2.2 so that's a touch more than I thought. So now I'm up to 23.7.

Just had lunch - ham sandwiches, a WW yoghurt and just about to make a small cup of coffee.
  • Good morning ladies

Claire- what kind of game do you go to? Is it a sporting event?

Dagmar- sounds like you have a fun date night ahead. I am also confident you'll fit into the dress, no problem!

Batmomm - did you always love to run?

Kitegirl - it sounds like you have a very active exercise life right now, which is good. I give myself two days ff a week - that works best for my personality I think. At least, right now - I am open to the possibility I may change as I get more fit.

Robsia- your walking plan is so awesome! Guess what I am doing (which I planned before I read your post) I am "walking" from Atlanta to Bethlehem in time for Christmas!!! I just fell in love with this idea. But it is so many miles that it is normally done as a big, group effort like a whole church. I could not round up enough interest in the idea, so I am doing it myself, but have made up a system where a certain amount of minutes walked equals 400 miles, 500 miles, etc.

Today they are coming back to finish fixing my washing machine. I was truly hoping it would be broken long enough that I would "need" to get the clothing professionally laundered . . . but no such luck.
  • Morning!

Victoria Day commemorates beer and camping mostly We celebrate the Queens' birthdays. However, it's not Elizabeth's birthday and I'm pretty sure it's not really Victoria's either. But it's a holiday in May.
  • you guys are very inspiring this morning!! well morning for us Robsia

I love the "walking to" idea. I am on a virtual group that is running across america, it's actually Chicago to some place in Cali about 2000 miles. It's been over a year but i'm still trucking, some people are done already. In fact I have logged my miles there in a while, maybe I'm done.

Leigh-no no no no. I used to smoke, I never ever ran but in 2005 a group of my friends were running an 8k and I wanted to play too.

my first race

the same race the following year