crock pot carrot cake recipe question

• Last year sandra posted a crock pot carrot cake recipe. At the end of the recipe,she said it was worth the points. How many points is it? Is it not all core? Thanks, Sloan
  • Sloanie, everything in the recipe is Core except for Splenda Brown Sugar Blend. The bs blend is 10 pts for the total recipe. I think you could use plain granular Splenda instead and the whole recipe would be Core, but I have never made it that way.
  • Sloanie, I make it with the brown sugar twin, which makes it completely core. Another thing I tried the last time I made it was baking it in the oven. It worked great. When I did it in my crockpot, the edges got burns before the center was done so I wanted to see if I could do it in the oven. I used an 8x8 pan and baked it at 350 for about an hour. It's very yummy!
  • One more thing, if you do use the brown sugar splenda, you only need to use 1/4 cup instead of a 1/2 cup. A 1/4 of brown sugar splenda is the same as 1/2 cup of regular brown sugar.
  • I just made this and used 1/2 cup splenda(the kind for baking) I was in a hurry so I baked it at 350 for about 30 minutes . It came out really good but I may make it a bit sweeter next time. I am going to try to add apples next time also.
  • where is this recipe????

Thanks,
    Rhonda
  • It's in the core recipes under desserts. But I copied and pasted this for you.

Also, if you prefer not to use the crockpot, you can bake it in the oven @350 for about an hour, using an 8x8 pan.

CORE CROCKPOT CARROT CAKE
    (they say serves 12 but i cut ours into 8 pieces so we could each have 1 per day to get in our 2 servings oo.)

2 eggs
    1/2 c brown sugar twin (i used 1/2 c splenda brown sugar=480 calories, 0 fat, 0 fiber--or 10 pts)
    1/3 c olive oil
    1 & 1/2 cups oatmeal
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/4 c grated carrots
    1 can (14 oz) crushed pineapple--drained
    1 teaspoon vanilla

beat together eggs, sugar substitute and oil. combine oats, soda, salt, and cinnamon; add to sweetner mixture and beat well. stir in carrots, pineapple, and vanilla.

place in sprayed crock pot.
    cover and bake on high for 2 & 1/2 to 4 hours. (i baked mine about 3 hours and it was done.)
  • Thanks Tracie..I looked under snacks and crock pot recipes!