New to this world...

• Hey there, I'm Sissy. My sister-in-law is a part of this community and encouraged me to join in order to garner support in my endeavours to get healthier.

My goal is to lead a healther life, with weight loss being a happy side effect of that shift. I am starting slowly, becoming more aware of the foods and lifestyle I'm choosing. For example:
    -I have begun to eat more vegetables and meat, rather than breads and processed food.
    -I make an effort to walk further than I normally would every day. For example, I choose to take the escalator at the other end of the mall rather then the one right in front of me.
    -I have also consciously decreased my caffeine and sugar intake gradually over the past month, and am down to 1-2 caffienated drinks per day, when I used to drink 5 or 6. I've also begun drinking much less alcohol and hardly ever have more than a glass or two of wine.
    -I was a member of Curves up until about a month ago, but had to give up my membership due to changing finances.

I've never joined a weight loss community mostly because I just saw myself as a curvy girl (currently a size 14/16, much due to my DD cup size). I'm joining because my sister-in-law has found great support here, and I'm looking forward to being a part of this community.

With love,
    Sissy
  • And by sister-in-law, she means ME.

A big to Sissy, and one giant dancing produce party.

• Sissy, sounds like you're off to a very smart start

Mandalinn, now I'm afraid I'm going to dream a giant dancing produce party tonight
  • WElcome!
  • Welcome SISSY . . . so glad you found us . . .