Weird Things You Do

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • What is something you do that you KNOW FULL WELL is weird, strange, or abnormal... but you do it anyway?

I flip thru magazines BACKWARD. When I find something I want to read, I read it. But I continue to flip thru the dang thang BACKWARD. I don't know WHY I do this, but I know it's not "really normal".

Your turn!
  • I DO THAT TOO!!!! Omg, I thought I was the only one who flipped magazines backwards! They should do a study on us.

Hmm, something else... I'm an artist and have to eat M&Ms (or any colored candies) in some kind of color order. (although I haven't eaten them in a while- yay me!) This is the routine:

Rainbow- align them into rainbow order then eat one of each color until it's no longer a rainbow
    Usually at this point there is something like a traffic light left (red, yellow or orange, and green)
    After that there's Christmas left (red and green)
    Then red gets eaten first b/c it's yummier (so I think).

I do this subconsciously. I'm not OCD. I'm just weird!
  • All the clothes in my closet face to the left. If I'm putting them away and I accidently put something on the hanger backwards, I flip it around. If someone hangs up something of mine backwards, I'll fix it if nobody will notice me doing it. (So they don't think I'm weird!)
  • I read magazines backward. That is weird?
  • Quote: I read magazines backward. That is weird?
    Well, so far, three out of four people do it--must not be too weird!
  • I wonder why we do it??!
  • All the ads are in the front?
  • Oh wow..here it goes..lol

I have to be the first one to read my mags. I get very upset if dh picks up one of my mags to read. I dunno why I have to do be the first one to read it, lol.

I also paint, remove, then repaint my nails..usually with the same color.

I hang up all my clothes facing the right..and all dh clothes are facing the left. He's not allowed to hang up his clothes, because he usually does them wrong, lol. And everything is color coordinated. And it goes by style as well. (dress shirts all together, tees together, etc) The pants usually go in the back, and those are coordinated by color & style as well.

I have to line up the remotes according to size. Then before I go to bed, I line them back up again. If one is missing, I will tear the whole living room apart looking for it.

Geez..I sound totally anal, lol.
  • I'm a backward magazine reader too
  • Quote: Well, so far, three out of four people do it--must not be too weird!
    Heh. Oh, it's weird alright! - just more of us weirdos out there than previously suspected...
  • I flip through magazines from back to front, and so did my mother!

Jay
  • OK, I do the magazine back to front also
    I also hanging my clothes facing to the left.
    I have to turn all of my money (bills-when I have some-ha) the exact same way and in order of amount smallest to largest.
    I also will not run my dishwasher until it is totally cram packed full.

I think these are just my OCD traits
    I also like to use smileys alot
  • Yes I have to order the bills in my wallet all facing to the front and in order smallest to largest.

I also have to eat my veggies first (b/c most of the time they are the least enjoyable of the meal) and save the most enjoyable food for last, so the taste is in my mouth when I'm done. I wonder if this is setting me up for cravings?

I wonder how many people actually read magazines back to front? I mean, what if it's like 80% of all readers?! Yeah I think we can blame the ads!
  • Actually I need to seriously correct myself...

I FLIP through the new magazine back to front when I first get it, THEN once I see the overall content, I START READING from front to back.

So I have flip back to front first, but actually read front to back. I HATE reading articles out of order.

Just thought of that now, and needed to correct myself
  • Good grief. I'm not nearly that weird.

<pause while the hysterical laughter stops>

The only thing I can think of that I do is this:
    When I get home, I have to change out of my work clothes *immediately* and into "house clothes" (usually yoga pants and a tshirt). I think it comes from wearing a uniform to school for most of my life and having to keep it clean for a full week. But I cannot wear "work" clothes while at home.

I'm sure there's tons of other little stuff that I do that *other* people would think was weird, but it's such a part of my daily life, that I don't even think about it!