What Is Your Non-Food Guilty Pleasure ?

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • I have five cats and have to shut them out of the bathroom when I'm in the shower . . . two of them are Bengal Leopard Cats and they the water, so shutting the door is the only way i can have the tub to myself.
  • Quote:
    I agree with books. I buy way too many and reading my own book is so much better than getting it from the library!

The other one I have (oh yeah, I have TWO guilty pleasures!) is getting pedicures. I love pedicures so much. I go every other weekend when the short folks are with their dad.
    Apparently I have more guilty pleasures than I thought. These are also two of mine. One of my girlfriends and I go and get pedicures every other Sunday and I take a lot of pride in how good my feet look always - pretty painted toenails and no calluses, and so forth.

And books. Oy books. I have 4 large shelves of them in my bedroom, more in the hallway, a huge shelf downstairs. I could live in Barnes & Noble or Borders if I were allowed. I wish I had the time to read as much as I want to. Even so, I manage to knock out at least a book a week, and usually 2 or 3.

• Battlestar Galactica.

and my cats watch me in the shower too. One licks the shower water and when I am done, he sits on the wet floor between the show doors. One day I will get a picture of him doing this.
  • Quote:
    One licks the shower water and when I am done, he sits on the wet floor between the show doors. One day I will get a picture of him doing this.
    Mine does too. She licks the shower curtain while I'm in the shower and then waits impatiently for me to get out, so she can hop in and lick the shower water from the bottom of the tub.

Weird animal!

• I have SEVERAL pleasures, and feel absolutely NO guilt for any of them!

One is swimming! (nekkid....! ... but you said "G" rated... so....)

Another is mast....nevermind.
  • Quote:
    Another is mast....nevermind.
    HAHAHAHAH. I just laughed out loud and scared the cat.

Um yeah. Me too.

• Beach Patrol...

Funny......... thank you for the giggle!
  • My cat licks the tub when I get out of the shower too! Haha.

My guilty pleasure is really generic, bad pop music with a good beat. Even though it might not be original or artistically ingenious, I'll find myself car dancing to it anyway. Oh, and techno... I hate to admit it, but living in Europe during my teenage years did it to me!
  • teen dramas and comedies... Even though I am well out of my teens, it's like I get to live the life I never had.

• 80's music...Even though most of it is "before my time" (I was born in 87). I still enjoy some electropop music that you can dance badly to.

• Quote: teen dramas and comedies... Even though I am well out of my teens, it's like I get to live the life I never had.
    Me too! Degrassi: TNG and High School Musical fan here

I also go on youtube and watch the old shows I grew up with, like Thundercats, Smurfs, Zoobilee Zoo, David the Gnome, Strawberry Shortcake, gosh, I could go on and on. There's just maybe one or two episodes of some of the more obscure ones, but I watch anyway. I found an episode of Hillbilly Bears last weekend. Ah, nostalgia.

I'd say shopping too, but it's my money, and I have no one to spend it on but me, so I don't have anything to feel guilty about
  • One of my guilty pleasures is regularly visiting the celebrity blogger websites (you know the ones! ), and sometimes leaving snarky comments.
  • Every once and awhile I love staying in bed ALL day. And I mean ALL day! Did this yesterday after a long period of studying for assignments.
  • Reading lots of magazines while sitting in a sunny spot

Getting a 30 minute facial at the Origins spa

Listening to a book on CD or MP3 ( I love to hear it rather than read it)

Spending hours on the internet with all my family out of the house

Stretching out with the Sunday paper

Shopping with abandon
  • so many guilty pleasures
    TV with Tivo--love comedies (Two and a half men, The big bang theory, Rules of engagement, etc), NCIS, CSI, House, Ghost Hunters, The Closer, Monk, Psych. Can you tell I'm a total TV addict?

All sorts of books

Perusing Catalogs

Naps

Surfing the net

On-line shopping

My cats

Amy