Healthy weight seems weird to me

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I'm 5'5.5" and right now, outside the 'ideal' weight. My normal, easy to maintain weight is 130lbs - but I have a VERY small frame, not a whole lot of muscle, etc. If I had more muscle I think I'd be okay with a slightly higher weight - but I tend towards not being/keeping much muscle.

I definitely agree those sites don't always take into account body size. My little sister is only a couple inches shorter than me, weighs the same amount - but wears a smaller size clothing. Who knows? I honestly just want my clothes to fit. If I get to that point, I don't really care what the scale says!
  • Quote:
    I definitely agree those sites don't always take into account body size. My little sister is only a couple inches shorter than me, weighs the same amount - but wears a smaller size clothing. Who knows? I honestly just want my clothes to fit. If I get to that point, I don't really care what the scale says!

I want to feel that way too eventually!!
  • When I first started I set a goal of 130lbs (and indeed this is still showing as my goal on my ticker). I'm just not sure however. This morning I was 157lbs. I'm a uk size 14 and have a lot of skin going on (which I'm pending an consultation on - if the doc says lose weight lose weight I shall! if they say ick skin cut it off then so be it!)... I'm just not sure if 130lbs is realistic without me looking silly. Can already feel my ribs etc :|
    Just going to keep on losing weight and see how I do. I've currently a bmi of 25.3 so I'm almost 'healthy' (ticker shows diff as only update on weekly weigh in)
    I'll stop rambling now!
  • i hate those weight ranges they seem off to me. hubby told me i couldnt get bone skinny but i have a med/small frame and obviously the last time i dipped below 130 he said i was too bony but i never had a weight issue til i was 18/19 and then again from 23 til now cause before then i never focused on it. at 120 i looked fine and felt good wasnt uber skinny but healthy at 165 i dont feel good about it and know if i can get in either hte 130s or 140w i'll be ok. 135 is my ultimate goal but 140-145 will be ok
  • 160lbs sounds good to me that is my goal weight as well and im 5'6' everyones bodyframe is different I know when I use to weigh 160 a long time ago lol people use to think I was skinner than that I think it would be a healthy weight and if your comfortable at that weight that is all that matters