One year of a new me

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • On May 6, 2007 I started a new way of life - I started the South Beach Diet and began exercising. I had a great first 4 months averaging a loss of 5lbs a month for a total of 21lbs gone and then on Saturay Sept. 29th my VERY close aunt passed away - ten days later on Thursday Oct 11th my dad lost his battle with lung and brain cancer and passed away. My life and my familys life began a whirlwind. I slowly picked myself back up and started back into my routine.

In December of last year I went to the doctor due to not feeling well and was diagnosed with MONO and was given very strict orders to not exercise and to get plenty of rest - and thats where I found myself til the begining of February. In the begining of Feb. I was then able to start back with my exercise but only once a week until I got back up to my normal exercise schedule.

During all of this I gained 8lbs back and as you can see I have hit some major brick walls but no mater what I have not once wanted to stop or give up. This s a fight I may have to fight for the rest of my life and I will cause I know one day the bell will sound and I will be the winner.

I'm not where I wanted to be after a years time but I am where I am suppose to be and even though I haven't lost alot of weight in my year I am able to do alot more physically than I ever was. I will contnue on to the very end.

May 07 - 215.4lbs XL shirt 18/20 pants
    May 08 - 200.4lbs M/L shirt 1416 pants

I have lost (total) 15lbs & 15 all over inches

Onward to a another new year of a healthier me

Tried to post pics but it says all of mine are to big and if I shrink them they are to small
  • GONNA!
    You are doing great, despite all the setbacks! WTG!

• Good for you! You've done wonderfully!
  • it's a journey and every day you do great on it. it's all about progress not perfection..

you're doing so well!
  • You have had such a tough year, but you have stuck with it and that's why you WILL be successful in the end! You've done a great job, and look at you now, teetering on the edge of onederland! Hope you can figure out a way to post the pics, I'd love to see them. How about putting them on a photo-sharing host site and linking to them?
  • Weird, I thought I posted this an hour ago but it's not here Ah well, I'll try again!

Woo hoo Gonna! Can't wait to see the pics
  • Thanks you guys - yall are so great.

I told dh about my problem with postingthe pics so when he gets back in town today he is gonna see if he can do it for me
  • Congratulations! I know what it means to be able to say "It's been a year." It means a lot. You're doing great!
  • What a tough year you have had!!! Major kudos for sticking to the program...that takes such strength. Also, I had a terrible case of mono a few years ago--it was debilitating. How are you feeling these days?
  • Congrats on sticking with it! What a triumph over adversity! On wards and upwards! Great job!

• I really admire you for sticking it out over the last most difficult year. I ate my way through my difficult year (Katrina and losing my Dad) and did not begin till a year after that. I don't know if I would have had your strength.
  • Awww, Gonna! Thank you SO much for telling us this! Congrats on your one year anniversary! I so admire your strength and determination to get through a very tough year!
  • Congrats. you did great not giving up or giving in during this tough year. A huge pat on the back to you.
  • Congratulations on your achievements. I don't think I could have done it with all the stress you've had. Pat yourself on the back. You are much healthier now!
  • may 2007.jpg

Before pic - May 2007

after pic will be next