Weekend Warriors -- May 2nd...

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • batmomm! That mileage equals a lot of chinese food and ice cream

I'm hanging in. Just had an eggplant/tomato/onion bake for dinner and DH now asked me to take him for a walk!

I'm . Grapes for snacking later and an early bedtime - severe sleep deficit this weekend.

Dagmar
  • great job Dagmar! I'm with you on the sleep deficit, stayed up too late to finish a book the other night, then race night jitters, then post race sleeping with ds4 who kicked me all night very excited to be home in my own bed tonight

Claire-this was my 6th. I did my first last Nov and then packed a bunch in I cannot imagine going 100 miles on a bike though. My butt gets way too sore even after 20 miles.
  • battmom -- congrats! that is so, so awesome. i'm hoping to do a half marathon this fall, but i'm a pretty new runner, so i'm amazed anyone ever does a full one, frankly. go you!

i got sick yesterday and lost what seemed like half the contents of my gut, so although i'm feeling surprisingly good today, the scale was down a whopping 3 lbs this morning compared to friday morning (and NINE lbs compared to friday night -- yes, i weigh at night sometimes, out of curiosity, and i ate a lot that day). this is SO not the kind of weight loss I was looking for! Since I started feeling better I've just been eating whenever it feels like I need to, and that's been keeping me within my normal weekend range (1500-1800). I was too tired to do my scheduled 4 mile run this weekend, but I did take two nice 3 mile walks and did some gardening.

I'm not too worried about where the scale lands tomorrow, frankly. I'm just hoping to eat enough healthy calories to help me finish healing from whatever this was, and get back on track.
  • Good Morning Chicks.. I didn't check in on Friday due to being a little discouraged. TOM and a week of emotional eating had the scales up 2.5 lbs during the week. Good news is I went down 1.5 over the weekend! Success?!?

Batmomm! WAY TO GO! Great job... Didn't you read your race packet?!? When you run 26.2 miles... All calories for the next 48 hours are null and void... I love to celebrate w/ chipotle...

Dagmar, Coldbright and Illlene, You guys sound like you had a good weekend... Everyone works out so hard... It's so motivating!!!

Coldbright.. sorry to hear of your tummy trouble... have you heard the quote from Devil Wears Prada... "I am just one stomach virus away from my goal weight"..

Have a great day chickies!
  • LOL Marathon Mom!! Glad you shook of that pesky 1.5lb!
  • Batmomm- congrats! that is my ultimate goal.

I'm stuck at the same weught, but given where I am in my cycle, that's ok.

Happy Monday warriors!
  • Hi everyone,
    I thought I might start checking in here with you guys. My weekend starts on Sunday and goes until Tuesday. Sunday was a good day, my bf, dog and I went "hiking" (it's a park that winds upwards) in the morning and then I went to the gym (first time in months) and did some cardio, and then lifted weights. Hate weight lifting but decided to give it a try, why not, right? Everybody's always raving about it.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to tomorrow when I have a doctor's appointment and maybe will find a solution for my asthma breathing problems. It's been keeping me from rigorous exercise and just generally been a frustrating pain in the butt. How annoying is it that exercise actually makes asthma worse??

Good job to everyone for their diligence and workouts... and batmomm, I am so impressed. I'm a runner but never even dreamed of doing a marathon... maybe one day I'll do a half...

i love that quote from devil wears prada! hahaha

-kanna
  • chickennugget your first name is Kanna? That's lovely and quite unique - never heard it before.

Dagmar