Boca

• Are the boca veggie burgers as good as I hear they are. Someone told me they were tasty so I bought three boxes, but whenever I see them in the freezer I think they have to be disgusting.

Has anyone tried these?
  • I am a meat eater, love my burgers and such. I do like the Boca Flame grilled patty. It tastes pretty close to a real burger.
    I don't care for the other flavors as much, since they taste like veggies LOL!

Just give one a try. You'll never know until you do!
  • With a bun, ketchup, lettuce and onion, I can hardly tell the difference, but otherwise, I really don't care for them. If you wanna try something absolutely delish (in my opinion), go to Trader Joe's (if possible) and get their Indian veggie burgers. For 120 calories, they are amazing.
  • It really depends. I think Boca burgers are OK as long as they are cooked for a long time. I'm not a big fan of soy based meat substitutes though and really avoid them. If you expect it to take like a hamburger, then you'd be disappointed. If you want something of a similar texture as a hamburger for occasions when you want to fix a craving, it might do.

I do agree with the Masala Burger from TJ's, it is awesome.
  • I agree with fiberlover, the "All American Flame Grilled" are good enough to satisfy a burger craving. They even have little bits of cheese in them. Yum.

The original ones are ok... I like them better than most other veggie burgers, if that helps, haha. I don't really buy them, but I've eaten them at picnics and stuff.

My other favorite is the Morningstar Farms Spicy Black Bean veggie burger.
  • Stuff like this is simply one of those things that you have to try for yourself. Then again everything is. To each their own. What one person finds disgusting, another person loves.

The only way you're going to know if you like them or not is to try them. Then you'll know.

I like the original vegan and the grilled vegetable, I think they're pretty tasty. But someone else might find them gross. It depends on your personal tastebuds and I never take someone else's word for something, I try it myself. Because foods that others have said are yucky are foods I absolutely adore.

I mean, if I spent the money on them, I'd at least try them
  • I think they're okay, but my recent favorite is the Morningstar brand's black bean patty (sorry, I think I completely screwed up the name). It almost tastes like chili on a bun.
  • Boca burgers are OK, but that's how I feel about most veggie burgers and I'm vegetarian. Put them in a bun and dress them up with plenty of condiments and onions and they are much better that way. If you pan fry or grill them use a good bbq sauce.
  • I love Boca Burgers. The flame grilled is my favorite. Boca burgers have less calories, etc than Morningstar. I like them on a bun or over veggies with some spices... and balsamic vinegar...
  • Quote: I love Boca Burgers. The flame grilled is my favorite. Boca burgers have less calories, etc than Morningstar. I like them on a bun or over veggies with some spices... and balsamic vinegar...
    I like the Morningstar Farms "chicken" patties, though. If you cook them in the oven or a toaster oven, they get nice and crispy and you feel like you're eating a deep-fried chicken sandwich when you're not
  • Since you've got three boxes of them, you owe it to yourself to try one boca burger. Make yourself one at a meal where you've made yourself another option in case you don't care for it. Until you try one, you won't know whether to keep giving those boxes freezer space or not.

Which reminds me, I've got a box of turkey burgers in the freezer. I tried them because they were BOGO (buy one get one free). We've managed to eat the first box, but I don't think anyone wants to eat the rest. They're fairly high fat too. I'd rather eat a regular burger. I should just purge that box and make room for something we really want.
  • I'm not a fan of the burgers. I like the "chicken" products better, but still don't love them.