TBL "Just Beachy" - Blue Team Chat

You're on Page 6 of 68
Go to
  • Good Morning! I did a 2mile walk slim dvd this morning. After work I will go to to the gym for arms/shoulders-weights and more cardio.

I have also packed a healthy lunch.

Have a great day!
  • OK - Glad to be back and Blue

To go through Anna's questions real quick:
    What do you prefer to be called? Kelly
    We talk a lot about being OP? What is YOUR plan? I do the LAWL/Pure Weight Loss with Exercise
    How can we help you acheive your goals? Do well and push me to match or exceed you
    Is there any specific request you have? Looking for a partner to hold you accountable for calories, exercise, etc? Do you need some inspiration each morning? I have been a little off plan lately, I need pushing right now and reminding that I may be feeling and looking better, but I am not there yet.

I am a happily married mother of 1. My DH is a Paramedic/Firefighter that works 24 hours shifts, which means I am a single mother for half the time. My DS is 8 and is a Tae Kwon Do Black Belt, does soccer year round, and cub scouts (of which my DH is a Asst Cubmaster, and I run all 4 Derbies). I work for Booz Allen Hamilton and commute to Crystal City 3 days a week and work from home for 2 day a week. We have 2 dogs and 1 chinchilla.

I started at my highest weight in Sept 2007 (308 lbs). I have several mini-goals to make this challenge:
    1. Reach 100lbs lost
    2. Reach Onederland
    3. Reach 185 (might be stretching it a bit, bit I am putting it out there
    4. Lose 12 inches total (Bust - Waist - Hips - Thigh - Arm)
    5. Be able to get out of the 16s and into solid 14s and some of my 12s
    6. Exercise: I started a 5K running program, but I can't run due to a knee issue, so I am doing it on the elliptical. Want to be running for 40 or minutes by the end of the challenge
    7. Exercise 5 days a week

Thanks everyone!

DMPLS - I too have 50% of my body weight to lose - I am almost 29% right now. We can do this, I know it!
  • Good morning everyone,

belated b-day Bernice!

Francie!

on your 8 year anniversary Anna!

Well, a little bit more about me. I am 35 years old. I live in Northern VA. I am a Therapeutic Recreation Programmer--I supervise recreation programs for individuals with disabilities. Its not that simple but it is easier to say. I graduated from the University of Florida so I am a huge GATORS fan. I'm currently working on my master's in TR with the hopes of maybe teaching, doing research, or starting a non profit someday. I am doing this through distance education with Indiana University. I just finished my second class and the next one begins on May 6th. Me and BF have been together about 2.5 years this time around. Sometimes he gets on my last nerve when we are together but I miss him so much when he's not here.

Gotta go finish getting ready for work. I will try to check in at lunch time. If not I will definitely check into tonight.
  • Good Morning Blue!

Happy (belated) birthday Fracie and Bernice! I hope you guys had a great day yesterday!

So, what is everyones plans for the day? I am trying to get my kids ready for school quickly so I can get out the door and get to the Y. I want to do about 2 hours up in the conditioning room and then do an aqua fit class at 10.

I plan to do a crap load of laundry when I get home and then tonight I start a new job! I am a little nervous as it has been years since I have worked (have been a stay at home mom for a long time). So, yeah it is just a part time position as a cashier but it will bring in a little (much needed) cash.

So, what does your day look like?
  • Kelly I haven't checked % lately but last time I checked it was at 10% I think I am over that now, but not by much!

thanks shay!

Here is the link to my post on 300+ board with pics of my bday night! too funny you all have to read my post!
  • Morning Bluesers!

Happy Birthday Bernice and Francie !!!!

This is my first TBL challenge, and I have a question about weigh-ins -- Monday is my official weigh in day so do I post my loss from this morning in the Week 1 slot? Or do I wait for the following Monday?
  • WOW, this thread flies almost as quickly as the one with ALL teams did! Awesome, though--I LOVE reading about everyone here!

I'm off to a good start so far this morning. My parents were visiting over the weekend, and we ate out for dinner both days (and I certainly didn't hold back ), so I was afraid to even peek at the scale this morning. But I weighed in at 313, so I'm -2 from my starting weight I already went and posted my weight for this week because I was so excited to see a loss

I made SBD Cola Chicken in the crock pot overnight, so no excuses to go out for dinner tonight after work! That's probably one of my biggest weaknesses--finding excuses to eat out instead of cook at home. I'm really trying to plan ahead so we eat at home more often. I'm shooting for eating at home at least 5 nights a week right now.

Alright, back to work--I'll hopefully check in again today before there are too many posts to catch up with! GO BLUE!
  • Quote: This is my first TBL challenge, and I have a question about weigh-ins -- Monday is my official weigh in day so do I post my loss from this morning in the Week 1 slot? Or do I wait for the following Monday?
    This is my first challenge, too, but that's what I did. I'm trying to keep Mondays as my official weigh in day, also
  • Quote: me! I started C25K today, and I think I can do this.
    I set the treadmill for a 20-minute session thinking that was how long the podcast was for, and realized as I was cooling down that it went on for a few more minutes. Oh well, I jumped on the recumbent bike after that, so I'm sure I've got enough energy to walk and jog for 3 or 4 more minutes.
    Rhonda, when are you starting? Is anyone else starting or already doing C25K?
    I followed the C25K plan two years ago and I was a complete non-runner when I started it. Now I do triathlons and regularly run road races! Yay! I'm currently training for a marathon race (my first, a half mary is my longest distance so far!) in the fall! That C25K totally changed me into a runner! Good luck with it, don't rush anything (rushing leads to injuries) and enjoy every step, before you know it you'll be running regularly and as addicted as I am!
  • Quote: Kelly I haven't checked % lately but last time I checked it was at 10% I think I am over that now, but not by much!

thanks shay!

Here is the link to my post on 300+ board with pics of my bday night! too funny you all have to read my post!
    Great pics! It looks like you had a wonderful birthday!
  • GO BLUE TEAM!!!!!!

I am so excited to be back on the blue team... Hi Amy!!! another fellow Aussie!!!! I am Vanessa, single mum to Liam who is 4 years old. I need to get focused again in the weeks between challenges I gained 3 pounds... so I am putting on the joggers and Walking away the pounds again tonight!!! It is actually starting to get cold here - we are heading into Winter so I will be keeping warm of a night with the burn of working off those pounds rather than curling up with comfort food. I am committed to dropping in every night where possible to also help resist the temptation of lots of Wintry food temptations... I find the easiest time to lose weight is summer - showing off the body with less clothing, devouring gorgeous salads, summer fruits, and who wants to eat when it is so hot!!!

What do you prefer to be called? Vanessa
    We talk a lot about being OP? What is YOUR plan? I havent found THE plan just yet - I just plan my meals so that I am eating right
    How can we help you acheive your goals? Just being there to support me - I need adult talk - I work with kids all day - and I often need to vent, otherwise I turn to food.
    Is there any specific request you have? Looking for a partner to hold you accountable for calories, exercise, etc? Do you need some inspiration each morning? I found just having the challenge weigh in made me accountable - so being here to support is essential- giving me the extra incentive to exercise, maintain planning all helps.

GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • Hi Blue and welcome all!!!
    I worked out this morning, hoping for an OP day (week).
    Good Luck and remember for your workouts, get it over with!
    jillybean720-Glad to see someone from the 20's something on team with us, we can use your positive outlook and encouragement! I am also a CHRONIC-EATER-OUTER (wait does that really sound right?!?! LOL)
    suitejudyblueeyes-Again, glad to see some people I know from other parts of this site. How is weight watchers treating you?
  • Good Morning, Blues!

Since I'd like to be kept accountable for what I'm doing, I figure I should actually let everyone know my basic plans for the day.

As far as food goes:
    I'm eating breakfast at my desk (as usual).
    I've got healthy foods packed for the rest of the day.
    I don't have dinner planned, but there's plenty of good stuff that will be easy enough for me to make when I get home.

For exercise:
    I'll be walking during my 2 breaks. After work, I'll be following the C25K training on the treadmills.

I think that as this progresses I might try to be more specific about what foods I'm eating. We'll have to see, though.

Oh! And in case anyone needs to know, I have my WW meetings on Thursday, so that's my official weigh-in day.

Anyway, I hope everyone has an excellent day!
  • Quote: Morning Bluesers!

Happy Birthday Bernice and Francie !!!!

This is my first TBL challenge, and I have a question about weigh-ins -- Monday is my official weigh in day so do I post my loss from this morning in the Week 1 slot? Or do I wait for the following Monday?
    thanks!!!

I had the same question about monday WI specially because I think this week I have a gain!!! LOL too much good food over this weekend! Can I wait till next monday to post my WI? or does it have to be this weeks weight?
  • Quote: thanks!!!

I had the same question about monday WI specially because I think this week I have a gain!!! LOL too much good food over this weekend! Can I wait till next monday to post my WI? or does it have to be this weeks weight?
    I just re-read the FAQ and I think we can weigh in by Monday 5/5, but that is the LAST day we can weigh in for this week... maybe our team captain can chime in here.

I guess I'll go ahead and post my loss like Jill did, since I have a loss and I don't ever want to be late with a weigh-in.