Funny, but Embarrassed

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I bought some clothes at Dress Barn and paid for it by check which meant I had to show my driver's license.The cashier looked at my license and gave me a good long look then said " You have held up really well."I was about 30 pounds lighter than what it said on my license. I couldn't think of a response to her comment.
  • Geez, maybe I think rethink my goal weight. I was planning to losing like 40 pounds or so, but if an 80 lb weight loss will make look 19 again, it's worth a shot!!!!
  • Wow, that's really cool! What a problem to have. I can't wait for the day that I no longer look like my horrid driver's license picture...and the day when I can put down my actual weight instead of a fake weight!
  • Quote: Can you "lose" it and get another one? Might be worth the 15 bucks (or whatever).
    I seriously considered that, but I don't think that works because now the DMV keeps your picture on file. If you lose your license and need a new one, they just use the picture that they have on file, they don't take a new picture anymore. I had the last picture for around 14 years although I definitely got a new license at least once during that period. But until this last renewal, they always just used my file picture. And, I'm a terrible picture taker, so chances are, even if I did get them to take a new picture, it wouldn't turn out any better. So I guess I'll just live with it. In the grand scheme of things, a bad driver's license picture is probably the least of my worries.
  • Quote: Wow, that's really cool! What a problem to have. I can't wait for the day that I no longer look like my horrid driver's license picture...and the day when I can put down my actual weight instead of a fake weight!
    Hey, our state just took weight off the license (since everybody lies about it anyway) so you can't even get the satisfaction of getting your new weight listed on it. Bummer!
  • Annie -- Loved that story!

When I got my current license I gave my weight as about 45 pounds lighter than I was -- and now I'm about 45 pounds lighter than the weight on the license! So, I guess I'm 90 pounds lighter than my pic, but so far it hasn't been a problem.
  • Oh I wish my state would get rid of the weight thing. It's so embarrassing. I mean, how fair is it that cashiers at stores get to know my weight but I don't get to know theirs? (not that I WANT to know their weight...)