Glucomannan-anyone take it?

• I had been doing research on something that popped up in Women's Health magazine a few months ago. Supposedly Glucomannan is a dietary fiber you can take in capsule form or sprinkle on top of your meals to give you that added "full" feeling, therefore supressing your appetite.

Well, i bought some and started taking it before I ate a meal. Not only did it not curb my appetite, but it made me feel soooo bloated and full--the not so nice side of it. I actually felt like it was puffing out my stomach more! Now I have this huge bottle at home and I'm wondering, do I just weather the storm or just ditch the idea?

Has anyone else ever used this or experienced anything like it?
  • I haven't and it sounds unpleasant but I know there's a forum on the main page of 3FC called something like "Does this work?" you might want to check there or up near the top you can do a search for the word too.
  • thanks! I'm still trying to navigate my way around the many forums!
  • Too much too soon?
    Maybe it was just too much fibre too soon. I know whenever I increase my fibre intake with supplements I have some gastrointestinal (emphasis on the gas ) stuff to contend with. Good thing I work outside !

Dagmar
  • I have read about it. I saw it at the health food store and the owner pushed a 36 dollar bottle on me. That one was the "diet formula" one vs. the 18ish dollar bottle that was just the fibre. I ultimaltely didn't buy it b/c I have alli and never remember to take it. Actually, we just ate lamb chops-- I'm getting the Alli out!
    Anyway, keep us posted!
  • I just ordered the alli myself, so we'll see how that goes. I'm afraid to use both at the same time! lol
  • Quote: I just ordered the alli myself, so we'll see how that goes. I'm afraid to use both at the same time! lol
    Better order the adult diapers if you're using both!

Dagmar