Need a Visual

• I’m going to hit the salad bar in our new café for lunch today. Can someone tell me what 2 oz of shredded cheese looks like? For 1 dairy.

Would it be ¼ cup? ½ cup? A couple tablespoons?
  • I don't know, Jill....someone will.......but let me just say how good you are doing Planning is the key.......and you obviously are doing just that Good for you......keep it up!!!
    XOXO
  • Still working on finding the "shredded", but

1 1/2 oz. of cheese = the size of 3 dominoes or a 9-volt battery

This would be solid though. I'll find something now that it is driving me crazy.

According to the recipe I just found 4oz is 1 cup for shredded cheese, so you are looking at 1/2 a cup for a full dairy of shredded cheese.
  • Thanks!

The whole estimating thing is something new to me that I'm really trying to work at. I try so hard to be "perfect" all the time and when I'm not I use it as an excuse to fall of the wagon. I literally weigh and measure EVERYTHING I put in my mouth. While this is a great habit, it limits me for spur of the moment decisions, even those that are good for me.

Like today. I wanted a salad w/ my pre-portioned sandwich from home. A SALAD for god's sake. I almost didn't let myself have it b/c I couldn't weigh everything and wouldn't have the nutritional information for the dressings & cheese downstairs. I decided to go for it.....and it feels good.

I got a salad w/ romain, iceberg, peppers, cucumbers & shredded cheese. I chose the FF Italian dressing. I eyeballed everything and did my best to stay w/in the portion sizes. I actually probably went a little light b/c this looks WAY smaller than my salads I weigh out at home. I'm counting it as 2V, 1D & 1F. Totally reasonable don't you think?

I'm trying to give myself more freedom here. I think it will allow for longer periods OP.

And Kelly......thanks for your other thread! That's definately a print-out for me.
  • Anytime!

Your thread got me thinking, so I went looking.