40 pounds later

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I thought I'd post my before and after photos finally! I hope I do this right. The two "before" pictures were taken during a business trip to China in September 2006. It was pretty close to my high weight of 150. The two after photos were taken within the last couple of months ... one during a "bike to lunch" event at work, the other during a recent half marathon event. Do I look different?

DH says he thinks I'm pretty hot for an old lady.

• You look TOTALLY different. So much younger and very fit--definitely not an "old" lady at all! Congrats!
  • You look amazing! What a huge difference!

And I have to say that you're the happiest runner I've ever seen. I always joke that no one smiles when they're running, but you are certainly the exception to the rule. You are simply glowing in your last two photos.
  • Love it! Good work!
  • Fantastic! You look amazing
  • You look fabulous!!! So young and fit!! Congratulations!
  • You look years younger! Good job on reaching your goal.
  • Looking great! No old lady in your pics!
  • Awesome!
  • Stupenduous!!! Way to go!
  • You look fabulous. Thanks for posting - it's VERY encouraging :-)
  • Wow weeeee!!!! You look so FABULOUS!!!! The picture of good health and fitness. Like you are a natural born athlete. I can only imagine how stupendous you feel.
  • Thank you so much for the encouraging words!! I do feel great -- in the best shape of my life. I am so grateful to be able to run, and bike, and hike, and do all of the active things that I love. I have an active husband and two teenage boys, and I am able to keep up with them now! It was actually surprising to me to look back and see just how far I've come. Now, when I look in the mirror, I just see "normal" for me. And I'm 48, so it is definitely possible to lose weight and improve your fitness level at any age!
  • what an encouragement you are to all of us newbies. great job!!!
  • you look awesome! WTG!
    michellenew