6 week Body Makeover?

• Has anybody tried the 6 week Body Makeover by Michael Thurmond? I was just wondering about this since I watch extreme makeover at times and am always amazed at the results. I looked on Amazon and the reviews of it weren't too great half were good and half were bad. Just was wondering if there were folks here that could give me a review on it as well before I spend that type of money.

thanks,
    BBB
  • I actually was watching this infomercial last night! I'm very curious as well...
  • I've tried it, and it worked for me in the past after having a baby and gaining 65 pounds. It was the last 15 I needed help with and I was able to do this diet for about 2 months before I was gagging on chicken. It did work for me, but there was a lot of food prepping. You eat 5 to 6 small meals a day depending on your body type. I was a C, so my diet looked something like this....oatmeal, fruit, egg whites for breakfast, mid morning snack of chicken & veggie, lunch was chicken, veggie and brown rice, afternoon snack was fruit and turkey, and dinner was the same as lunch. That's the basics of the diet. I am about to have another baby and will need to knock of about 45 pounds. I am going to loosely follow this diet because it works for me. I dont necessarily enjoy what I am eating, but it's a short term sacrafice I make in order to get down to my goal weight. One good thing about the program is that it helped teach me to eat every few hours. Go check out the provida.com website and take a look at the forums. If you have any questions about what you need to eat for your body type, pm me!

Good luck in your decision!
  • Thank you so much for this information. I do not mind repetitiveness especially if I see results. I think if I see some results then it will definitely encourage me to keep going. I can do a lot of food prepping since right now I'm currently not working nor taking care of my mom 24/7 alone and only doing school for the first time in a long time.
  • I have this kit and would be willing to sell it. I did it and got OK results, but with my health issues was told that it isn't the diet for me. Now that the doctor says that I need a different diet I won't need this info anymore.

I have everything that came in the kit, but a couple pages are written on.
  • Got it
    I am actually getting back on the wagon with this plan right now. I previously did very well on it. I am also okay with repetitive meals, and since I hate to cook, doing stuff in bulk on Sunday nights and Wednesday nights worked for me. Lots of ground turkey, lots of chicken and fish. (I am a body type C as well). My BF has incorporated some of Michaels info as well and is down 23 lbs in about 3 months. I really like the program. However, I am a planner by nature and the set up on the program really fires me up. Probably more so than the plan itself. But it does work like magic if you follow it.

Good Luck!
  • I am bidding on a kit on ebay and hope to win it. I watched the infomercial this a.m. and really am interested in doing this.
  • Hi Girlz!

I just recently had a baby and need to lose the last 40lbs. I've purchased the 6WM a couple of times, and now I am trying to start the program again. I have misplaced by meal plan (body type C). I need to know the correct amounts of each type of food throughout the day. This is what I remember:

Breakfast: ½c fruit A/B, ½c carb A/B, 1oz Protein A/B
    Snack1: 1-2 cups veggies A, 1oz protein A/B
    Lunch: 1.5oz protein A/B, 1-2 cups veggies A, ½c carb A/B
    Snack2: ½ c carb A/B, 1oz protein A/B
    Dinner: 2oz protein A/B, 1-2 cups veggies A, ½c carb A/B
    Snack3: ½ c fruit A/B

Is this correct? PM me if you'd like to give me the correct amounts and types. I want to make sure I'm doing it right so that I can get the same results. Last time, I only did it for 4 weeks and lost 15lbs
  • i did it a couple of years ago and it worked like magic. it was pretty restrictive, though, and i just couldn't live with it long-term. i'm holding on to my kit because i use it to "supplement" my self-designed plan.

good luck!
  • My mom bought the 6 week body makeover last year and i had to make all the food for the whole family it was me my mom my dad my sister and my brother so it got really hard for me to do it all so i just stopped it and now im starting back on it as soon as i can get to the store and get the food i really hope it does work.. im 5'5" im 22 and i weigh 197.5 me and my brother both lost 30 pounds like in 2005 by just counting calories and eating 3 small meals a day but as soon as i got off of that it all came back really fast so im hoping this will work my cousin is getting married next august and im her maid of honor so i really have to lose weight for that but mostly i just want to lose this weight for me im so self concience of just going out and people looking at me cuz i kno exactly wat their thinking.. so if any1 has any advice for me i would truly appreciate it....
  • It has very good ratings on www.infomercialratings.com